Anybody Pumped for our upcoming series with University of Houston?

Andrew

1 hour ago, HoustonEagle said:

Attendance being considered Houston High and Army are a push.  If it is as I think and we are alternating home and away games with Rice and UH thus giving us a home game every year in Houston, this is a win. The Houston area  is the second largest source of recruits for us and our second largest concentration of alumni.  Playing locally in front of friends and family once a year is a motivator for a lot of kids.  Not to mention the local exposure it brings the program.  I can safely attest that most of Houston knows little to nothing about UNT.  

Cougar High*

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

UH is an excellent replacement for Army. Texas opponent in the G5, but much higher than us on the college football totem pole, as well as giving us plenty of recruits to show TX parents and coaches that we play regularly near their families.

Still don't like the Liberty series, but this is a great win.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

On 6/2/2017 at 7:55 PM, GMG24 said:

Curious how this only "leaked" to you and how you know yet no other people who are decently connected on the board know about it.

I have had solid connections since I graduated and landed a job working with Johhny Jones wife. From there I have just been lucky to come in contact with people who have worked camps, players families, etc... 

• Upvote 1

The Houston series is good for us and them.  They probably get dallas every year and we get Houston every year.  So smart.  

In the non p5 world you either want Boise Houston or byu.  We got one of the big fish,  now slay them.  

GMG

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Plenty of people knew about it, and just didn't want to say anything. People on this board aren't "connected" usually at all, except for maybe Mark and Harry.

I'll have you know I am BFFs with the head janitor at Apogee.  Well, he is the assistant to the head janitor, but really connected.  

Beyond my comprehension why some would look down upon scheduling a series w/Houston.  If there's a school that UNT should look at and try to emulate Houston is the perfect example especially since very similar to us and are in our state.  Look I'd love to have some P5 home/home scheduling as well and I'm hopeful we get those but for now if we can get something with UH then I'm totally fine with it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

If WB would have just scheduled someone else besides Liberty, I think people would have been seeing both moves as a positive.  I believe he could have schedule many other schools.  Texas State and New Mexico State both come to mind and both would have been better options imo.  For some reason, Tech, UH, and utsa can schedule a series with Texas State, but we have to turn to the flying Falwells when we are in need of a game, who were in absolute desperation mode for 2018.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

If WB would have just scheduled someone else besides Liberty, I think people would have been seeing both moves as a positive.  I believe he could have schedule many other schools.  Texas State and New Mexico State both come to mind and both would have been better options imo.  For some reason, Tech, UH, and utsa can schedule a series with Texas State, but we have to turn to the flying Falwells when we are in need of a game, who were in absolute desperation mode for 2018.

Yes.  This all day long.  At least in San Marcos or Las Cruces you'd have a shot at some decent Mexican food for enduring the trip.