KRAM1

11 hours ago, Footballfan2 said:

I know Nathan quite well. Regardless of a tough ending to his career, he is a frequent attendee to Letterman events, loves UNT and proudly wears his Class Ring!

I echo this.  His family is very loyal to UNT and has been for many years.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I echo this.  His family is very loyal to UNT and has been for many years.

This is the type of loyalty and legacy story we need!  We have good athletes whose siblings, and soon, children will be of college age with the skill to make a sports program.  Large schools do this now, and we need to cultivate this practice.  Keep it all in house!!!!

• Upvote 4

On 5/11/2017 at 8:14 AM, oldguystudent said:

Has Nathan ever spoken of his time at UNT after the fact?  He had a pretty rough go of everything, so I wonder what he might be saying good or bad to his little brother. 

He was on our bus to the HODBowl this year so I would have to believe he is all for his brother coming on. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Marty said:

if I remember correctly, it was Nathan's senior year at NT, his dog Ray escaped from his yard and was never found.

Nathan Tune's Missing Dog "Ray"

Thank you! I was aware that it was Tune's dog and it was lost, but I never understood the backstory as to why this story seemed to get so much fanfare, and why the dog was on the front page of GMG when I joined. Not saying losing a dog isn't a big deal, I just thought there may have been something a little more to it for the reasons I mentioned.

• Upvote 2

On 5/12/2017 at 10:30 PM, Marty said:

if I remember correctly, it was Nathan's senior year at NT, his dog Ray escaped from his yard and was never found.

Except for one important part, which is that the night that Ray came up missing was the night that Tune was injured and out for the rest of the season.

Just now, North Texas Shep said:

One question... Can he throw over those mountains over there? If yes, I like him. 

On a serious note... I hope we get him. Our QB talent pool is pretty awesome right now. Cannot remember the last time I felt that way. 

UNT is QB-U  I like the way that sounds....

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, Marty said:

I have always wondered if this was a bit.  It's pretty cold and callous to make light of someone losing their dog.   

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1