Updated North Texas APR Scores

Harry

I sure like the title of the article:

"Texas, A&M, Baylor and others outpaced by Conference USA schools in APR scores"

Given that this is now bowl relevant, and well, that it says who keeps their players happy and academically successful, this should be an ok recruiting tool, or rather a good tool for negative recruiting against tech, SMU, Houston and Texas State.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

hey look at that we finally beat UTSA in something.

Well already beat them in Carnegie classification, incoming SAT scores (our 50th percentile is higher than their 75%), federal grant expenditures,  student graduation rate (by about 20%), doctoral programs (38 to 24), we have a medical school, and of course our women are not only smarter but better looking.

Academically this is more like another victory in a long line of victories.

We do need to beat them on the football field more often, of course.  

7 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Well already beat them in Carnegie classification, incoming SAT scores (our 50th percentile is higher than their 75%), federal grant expenditures,  student graduation rate (by about 20%), doctoral programs (38 to 24), we have a medical school, and of course our women are not only smarter but better looking.

Academically this is more like another victory in a long line of victories.

We do need to beat them on the football field more often, of course.  

This post would deserve a plus one. The differences in most of these things are really jarring. Graduation rate and incoming SAT scores are particularly so for me.

• Upvote 1

I learned at the Denton Coaches Caravan (I never know where or if to place an apostrophe showing ownership ) that North Texas has the 3rd highest number of National Merit Scholars in Texas.

I'm not sure if any National Merit Scholars are involved in athletics at NT but there is a culture of "smartness" going on in Denton.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I learned at the Denton Coaches Caravan (I never know where or if to place an apostrophe showing ownership ) that North Texas has the 3rd highest number of National Merit Scholars in Texas.

I'm not sure if any National Merit Scholars are involved in athletics at NT but there is a culture of "smartness" going on in Denton.

GO MEAN GREEN

They've been pushing for those national merit scholars HEAVILY.  Those kids get, and I quote, "Cadillac scholarship packages." 

I'm all for it.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

They've been pushing for those national merit scholars HEAVILY.  Those kids get, and I quote, "Cadillac scholarship packages." 

I'm all for it.  

At UTD (when I worked there 10 years ago) the top kids got a 4 year full ride, including housing and a living stipend. The elite group of those got all that plus a year abroad (or semester, I forget). That group also had specially designed courses with elite professors not open to the general student population.