DRC column: Baker, UNT officials made right moves in hoops scancal

I don't think it was such a great article.   The last paragraph sums it up, but he has to mention Baylor and the possibility that there could be a lot more to the issue. Yes, there is a possibility it could blow up and be much more involved, but even mentioning the mess at Baylor is at best farfetched particularly when your thesis is that NT is doing all the right things.   Why bring up Baylor, who did exactly the opposite.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Great article.  Impeccable sources,

Anyway, I think the school is doing the right thing.  I'd be more concerned if one of Grant's new players were caught in a prostitution/drug thing.  As it stands, the problem occurred almost a month after Benford was fired, and the players involved were out of eligibility or transferring. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Great article.  Impeccable sources,

Anyway, I think the school is doing the right thing.  I'd be more concerned if one of Grant's new players were caught in a prostitution/drug thing.  As it stands, the problem occurred almost a month after Benford was fired, and the players involved were out of eligibility or transferring. 

But UNT cant do anything right...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I just appreciate that they have gotten out in front of this, been transparent in their communication of the situation and have handled this, so far, in the correct manner.  It is never easy when face with difficult situations, but the response speaks volumes of the character of the administration from Smatresk on down.  Nice article Beauregard

Image result for beauregard muppet

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1