Jump to content

Affidavit says Brice wasn't involved in prostitution, but Green/Johnson were


Recommended Posts

Quote

On April 4, the affidavit says the victim received a phone call from Green and Johnson, who took the phone to her Resident Assistant and put it on speaker phone. From there, the affidavit states the victim identified the two, and both Green and Johnson solicited the victim to exchange in sexual acts in exchange for money. The document says both men “explained to the victim how the amount of money that could be charged, as well as their ability to find professional clientele.”

Wow...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brice has learned a hard lesson about keeping the wrong company. Also hard to believe he didn't know what his roommates were up to, at least on some level. Could jeopardize his future playing career with his upcoming transfer. 

Green and the student manager deserve whatever is coming to them. 

I think the main question at a program level is who all knew and didn't say anything? What type of "watch" was Benford keeping on these guys? For me, it'd be hard to the AD to catch wind of this directly, but as the head basketball coach I have to wonder. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Brice has learned a hard lesson about keeping the wrong company. Also hard to believe he didn't know what his roommates were up to, at least on some level. Could jeopardize his future playing career with his upcoming transfer. 

Green and the student manager deserve whatever is coming to them. 

I think the main question at a program level is who all knew and didn't say anything? What type of "watch" was Benford keeping on these guys? For me, it'd be hard to the AD to catch wind of this directly, but as the head basketball coach I have to wonder. 

I think we really need to wait and see how this shakes out.  It all just seems very amateurish to me and i can see where it was defiantly possible this was an isolated incident.  If that is the case, then Benford was already gone, and it sounds like GMac may have gotten wind of it and acted quickly and justly.  That being said, this may have just been what got them caught and they have been doing it for awhile now and multiple were involved or knew what was going on.  

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I think we really need to wait and see how this shakes out.  It all just seems very amateurish to me and i can see where it was defiantly possible this was an isolated incident.  If that is the case, then Benford was already gone, and it sounds like GMac may have gotten wind of it and acted quickly and justly.  That being said, this may have just been what got them caught and they have been doing it for awhile now and multiple were involved or knew what was going on.  

The school certainly isn't treating it like it's amateurish. Anything involving this type of thing draws major questions. The fact that it involves at least 2 people associate with the team invokes questions about the team culture, to say the least. Yes, maybe he didn't have direct knowledge, but do you think no one on the team did? These guys are all buddies. Maybe no one wants to snitch but what does that say about the respect for their coach? 

I'm partly just airing grievances because I'm a firm believer that a bad coach permeates into more than just bad basketball. It's an entire dysfunctional culture that is just beyond frustrating. Maybe not to this extent, but we heard very similar reports out of the football team when McCarney was here. When you lose your team it shows on the field/court and off. Just my 2 cents. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good for Rickey not being directly involved in this. Talking about horrible timing to have a slip up though. It couldn't have happened at a worse time. I also hope he didn't have any knowledge of this as well. For the one's involved, if true, throw the book at them. This type shit isn't an "accident" or "mistake" that is thrown around all too often. This was deliberate and calculated. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sincerely hope that this little enterprise the guys were running was limited in scope and actors, and that it has been derailed. Looks like BJ got caught early, before he could really get the business humming. Someone had to initiate this operation and I hope the investigation clearly identifies the entrepreneur.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Then... your second sentence was worded that way intentionally?  <rolleyes>

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stix said:

Then... your second sentence was worded that way intentionally?  <rolleyes>

Speculation. Further affiant sayeth not!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

The school certainly isn't treating it like it's amateurish. Anything involving this type of thing draws major questions. The fact that it involves at least 2 people associate with the team invokes questions about the team culture, to say the least. Yes, maybe he didn't have direct knowledge, but do you think no one on the team did? These guys are all buddies. Maybe no one wants to snitch but what does that say about the respect for their coach? 

I'm partly just airing grievances because I'm a firm believer that a bad coach permeates into more than just bad basketball. It's an entire dysfunctional culture that is just beyond frustrating. Maybe not to this extent, but we heard very similar reports out of the football team when McCarney was here. When you lose your team it shows on the field/court and off. Just my 2 cents. 

People are responsible for their own actions, doesnt matter what Benford did or didn't do. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

This is nothing like what happened in Baylor! A sexual assault was reported and authorities investigated on the report and now we are seeing results from that investigation. At Baylor, sexual assaults were reported and little to no action was taken leading to those bad actors making more sexual assaults. If anything, this shows that just because you are or were an athlete at North Texas does not make you immune to legal consequences. North Texas appears to have handled this as best they possibly could have.

Except for not firing the coach 3 or 4 years earlier. You know, the coach that brought these people to campus. The coach whose team played undisciplined ball. The coach that ANY OTHER UNIVERSITY would have fired several years sooner. 

But hey, the consequences was only one rape and a little prostitution organization, so we should praise UNT. 

Right?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

People are responsible for their own actions, doesnt matter what Benford did or didn't do. 

Ok, once again, that argument hasn't worked for any coach ever when this type of thing happens. The difference is the coach brings them on campus. You talk to their coach's to see what type of kid they are. Maybe there were absolutely no red flags, but that's almost never the case. Any coach will tell you they are responsible for their players on and off the court. 

ETA: my position is not to place blame on the current coaching staff or AD. It still is and has always been to emphasize how dysfunctional the program was under RV and the residual effects of that dysfunction. Losing programs lose in all facets. I'm just glad that era is over. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Ok, once again, that argument hasn't worked for any coach ever when this type of thing happens. The difference is the coach brings them on campus. You talk to their coach's to see what type of kid they are. Maybe there were absolutely no red flags, but that's almost never the case. Any coach will tell you they are responsible for their players on and off the court. 

ETA: my position is not to place blame on the current coaching staff or AD. It still is and has always been to emphasize how dysfunctional the program was under RV and the residual effects of that dysfunction. Losing programs lose in all facets. I'm just glad that era is over. 

That's why kids are so immature these days, they aren't held responsible for their actions. I don't care what anybody says, off the court these kids were 100% responsible for what they did. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

That's why kids are so immature these days, they aren't held responsible for their actions. I don't care what anybody says, off the court these kids were 100% responsible for what they did. 

Dude, this isn't mutually exclusive. They can be 100% responsible for their actions and the head coach can shoulder blame for bringing them here, too. Yes the football players who raped girls at Baylor are responsible for their actions, but Art Briles is responsible for bringing them in (despite prior red flags), and failing to act when it was discovered. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

People are responsible for their own actions, doesnt matter what Benford did or didn't do. 

Right? 

I mean, if he knew about the prostitution ring and did nothing to stop it, he certainly isn't accountable, is he?

Rah rah rah, sis Boom bag. 

I wonder if any clients are on this site. Lol.

20 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Dude, this isn't mutually exclusive. They can be 100% responsible for their actions and the head coach can shoulder blame for bringing them here, too. Yes the football players who raped girls at Baylor are responsible for their actions, but Art Briles is responsible for bringing them in (despite prior red flags), and failing to act when it was discovered. 

He will never blame UNT for anything. If RV himself had led this prostitution ring, Machine would give him a pass because, dagnamit, he is just such a good guy other than a little whorin'.

Wait... RV... Whorin'... 

This can't be a coincidence! Maybe their business model was based off of RV's OOC scheduling! Examples mater!!!

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Editorial Note, FWIW:

Many, many moons ago, when I was a young banker, I quickly learned that the most valuable of the "Cs of Credit" was "CHARACTER". I have learned over the years that "character" rules in almost every human interaction, not just lending.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, there was that affidavit. If I see this correctly then most of this stuff happened end of march and in april (lets hope it does not reach further back). I get that McCasland wasn't here for more than a few weeks and could hardly have known the goings on etc, but technically speaking it is during his tenure not Benfords. How does responsibility work in these kinds of cases? I mean legal responsibilty (toward the NCAA), I am not insinuating that McCasland was aware of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Ok, there was that affidavit. If I see this correctly then most of this stuff happened end of march and in april (lets hope it does not reach further back). I get that McCasland wasn't here for more than a few weeks and could hardly have known the goings on etc, but technically speaking it is during his tenure not Benfords. How does responsibility work in these kinds of cases? I mean legal responsibilty (toward the NCAA), I am not insinuating that McCasland was aware of this.

If you will specify the NCAA rules, if any, that you think are applicable it would help in answering the question. What accusation/ allegation do you think would/could result in any NCAA investigation of any Coach, the Athletic Department in specific, or UNT in general?

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/bylawView?id=11781#result

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Tell a friend

    Love GoMeanGreen.com? Tell a friend!
  • What's going on Mean Green?

    1. 4

      FAU

    2. 5

      Non Conference Home Games

    3. 1

      Kansas Jayhawks

  • @UTEP

    • Days
    • Hours
    • Minutes
    • Seconds
  • Popular Contributors

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      15,024
    • Most Online
      1,865

    Newest Member
    The Hill
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.