Spring BTG Re-Post on YouTube

Hey everyone - the reason the videos were removed from YouTube is because there is a minor change I wanted to make. 

Before the freak out, its nothing major that has anything to do with any particular players, staff or university official.  It is on the production side of things and a technical change.  Sorry for the delay for those who havent seen it yet.  I will notify the board when it goes back up.

Thanks for the support.  Go Mean Green!!

-Ashton

17 minutes ago, BeyondTheGreen said:

Hey everyone - the reason the videos were removed from YouTube is because there is a minor change I wanted to make. 

Before the freak out, its nothing major that has anything to do with any particular players, staff or university official.  It is on the production side of things and a technical change.  Sorry for the delay for those who havent seen it yet.  I will notify the board when it goes back up.

-Ashton

Adjusting the white balance or something? §:-Þ

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BeyondTheGreen said:

No conspiracy and every single shot that was in there before is still in there.  No new footage will be added or replaced.  

That's exactly what someone who is a part of a conspiracy would want you to think!

Where were you on July 20, 1969??

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BeyondTheGreen said:

-Ashton

You really think you can stop me from freaking out. Thats cute.

Now get me the darn video back up!

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, greenminer said:

Well, that's one reason.  What else is there? Seems like a move away from YT would lose a ton of user friendliness and app compatibility.

Not really. For the viewer, there's no difference. Vimeo gives easier access to custom players than YouTube does. If the producer, Ashton, is on one of the paid levels for Vimeo, he has a lot more options on who can watch and what websites people can and can't embed. He can choose how the play looks. If a video become popular, he doesn't have to deal with ads running before the video starts. Vimeo runs on Amazon CloudFront so it has a very fast, reliable world-wide high speed distribution with lots of redundancy just like YouTube. 

He would loose a search engine bias that will rank the video on YouTube higher than embedded version of the video on websites. Posting to YouTube only helps the search directly to the YouTube version, not to an embedded website. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

@VideoEagle can Vimeo vids be embedded into the gmg.com forum?

Probably, but I'm not exactly sure how. The "insert other media" doesn't let me do either Vimeo or YouTube iframes. Here's what the iframe code looks like. I used the "code" insert button.

Well, duh. I just pasted the link into the body and it worked. Pardon the ad but it's the only non-client thing I've got to share!

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Upvote 1