Lets Get ready for Thurs.

UNT_92_Fan

After an way better than average crowd for Indiana....I am hoping that it may carry over some to the next game...I am not claiming that it will be nearly as full but hopefully a little more than the dreaded Hardin Simmons game....

Dont forget that we will tailgate again...if you are coming to the game come check out the pre game....it was a blast last time!!!!

Gak...lemme know if i need to bring anything....

See ya thurs!

After an way better than average crowd for Indiana....I am hoping that it may carry over some to the next game...I am not claiming that it will be nearly as full but hopefully a little more than the dreaded Hardin Simmons game....

Dont forget that we will tailgate again...if you are coming to the game come check out the pre game....it was a blast last time!!!!

Gak...lemme know if i need to bring anything....

See ya thurs!

I hate to say w/ this one on a Thursday, very few to no students on campus, and the basketball team playing UT Pan America, the basketball team will be lucky if they can get as many fans as the Hardin Simmons game.

I would be attend the game, but I don't get back up to campus until next Saturday. But I fully intend on coming to the New Mexico St.(confrence opener) game that night.

there werent any students on campus for the Indiana game either...but there were mor there than i have seen in a long time...i know Indiana brought alot fo folks but the green was there....Just wishful thinking man....

also have to remember that some people came because we were playing Indiana, and it was during the holidays. The attendence Thursday I would like to see as a good one, but realistically it's not going to be all that great. But hopefully there should be a good crowd for the New Mexico St. game that Saturday w/ more alumni actually able to make that game, being on a Saturday.

Way to think positive Matt.....

You know what we need to get students to the bball games..... is some kind of drink special on Fry Street for those who go to the games since a lot of them are on Thursday nights. Thurs night is a big going out night for students and I hate to promote or encourage drinking by the school, but hey, it might help attendance! And maybe it's not considered sponsored by the school if it's a vendor like a bar sponsoring the deal.....??? Not sure how all that works. Just an idea.

Guest e-bone

You know what we need to get students to the bball games..... is some kind of drink special on Fry Street for those who go to the games since a lot of them are on Thursday nights.  Thurs night is a big going out night for students and I hate to promote or encourage drinking by the school, but hey, it might help attendance!  And maybe it's not considered sponsored by the school if it's a vendor like a bar sponsoring the deal.....???  Not sure how all that works.  Just an idea.

The best way to get students to go to games is to actually promote the games. It is hard for people to go to games that they don't know are being played. I am going to go out on a limb and predict that if students are made aware of when the games are and if they knew about the Wendy's three point promotion, then more kids would go to games. wink.gif

You know what we need to get students to the bball games..... is some kind of drink special on Fry Street for those who go to the games since a lot of them are on Thursday nights.  Thurs night is a big going out night for students and I hate to promote or encourage drinking by the school, but hey, it might help attendance!  And maybe it's not considered sponsored by the school if it's a vendor like a bar sponsoring the deal.....???  Not sure how all that works.  Just an idea.

Well, I try to stay positive, but seriously, with no students on campus this thursday, how many people are going to turn up to the game to see UTPA. It's just really hard to imagine alot of people at the Super Pit on a thursday, w/ no students on campus, and a game w/ UTPA.

I hope people will show up to the game on Thursday, but it's just hard to think there will be. And as I said in an earlier post, I am hoping alot of people turn out for the game on Saturday w/ it being a tv game and start of confrence play.

Edited by NTEagle08

Just because the dorms are not open, does not mean there are no students on campus. All of my friends are in Denton right now and have been for the past week or so. I think there will be a decent turn out for Thursday's game and if not, it can't be blamed on students not being here cause there are enough in town to make a good crowd.

Well, like it has been said before, they will only come to the game if they actually know one is going on. The tailgating that Gak has started is a great idea and I do hope many of you join in that. Its a good chance to meet everyone.

Sorry, I was without internet connection there for a couple days. I'll be there and the only thing I can think of for anyone to bring is a cold 12 pack of whatever (Coke, etc). UNT_92, probably just that other 12 pack you had...I still have a few cokes leftover from the last time that I'll throw in the cooler.

Oh, and one more thing. Thursday and Saturday are supposed to be warm, so there won't be a need for it, but I got an industrial-sized heater for the events. I'll bring it out for whichever days the high temp is less than 50...otherwise it's just too much hassle.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Thursday. biggrin.gif

Edited by Gakusei

A good way to get the students to attend, would be to let it be known to everyone that there is now Tailgating for Basketball. The Tailgating has seemed to help get students to go to Football games. Especially for a Thursday night game.

I'd guess most students

A) Don't know there's a game

and

cool.gif Don't know that you can go Tailgate the Basketball games.

Some Bar should sponsor some heat lamps and offer food before the game, and then anybody who came to that could get a pass to waive cover at the Bar after the game.

If You Can Drink It, They Will Come.

Years ago UNT sponsored a "Taste of Denton" prior to one of the games. This was held in the Men's Gym prior to a home game and was done for several years. This typically was a well attended event and game. Does anyone know if they still do this? If not, it is a great idea, draws fans and shows Denton how the University benefits its merchants.