Miami Beach bowl moving to Frisco

That's not a very big stadium for a FBS bowl game! The FCS championship game is one thing but a FBS bowl should be a different animal. Still it was built with TV in mind. 

And no I don't think they can do much more than 20k. 

Admittedly I've not been to an American football game there so it might be different. The last few time I've been is to see Jimmy Buffet. 

Edited by VideoEagle

3 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

Basically WKU hosting a bowl size venue. Montgomery has a similar size stadium and it has worked fine.

You get Temple and Georgia State in Frisco and 20k is going to be too big.

Houston and AState or ULL and there will be people who can't get a ticket..

So North Texas vs Iowa State

• Upvote 3

It would be pretty awesome if we got to play there some day. I'd enjoy it more than the HOD. It's not that I didn't enjoy both HOD games but Toyota Stadium is really nice. Not to mention I live one exit south on the DNT from there. Plus, we'd sell it out pretty easily.

• Upvote 3

I have been to 1AA championship game and the stadium is a nice venue for football. I knew they were putting money into it as the U.S. Soccer  Hall of Fame is moving there, but unaware they were adding 10,000 additional seats. Frisco doesn't need a 30,000 venue for FC Dallas, the 1AA championship game, Jimmy Buffet, or his father Warren. Perhaps the "Son of a Beach Bowl"?

7 minutes ago, wardly said:

I think that based upon attendance at the 2 HOD bowls we played in that if we are bowl eligible UNT will get an invite.

We'd sell out Toyota Stadium pretty easily. I went to an FC Dallas game a few weeks ago and I think I heard it will seat 30,000 something once the renovations are done. It's waaay nicer than the Cotton Bowl. I'm sure the Star would also have UNT stuff going on considering we are affiliated with the Cowboys.