Coaches Caravan sites announced

Marty

The Collective here in the Fort is an interesting choice, given that Rahr, Hop Fusion, Chimera & Wild Acre are all within a couple miles on the South Side. The Collective specializes funky sours. And it is a really tiny space. I like sours, so I hang out there often, but unlike other breweries, they have no answer for the guy who says "what do you have thats like coors lt or corona".

Ill be there, pucker up.

The Caravans are always a disappointment to me.  Most of the coaches are not good public speakers and I learn very little about whatever sport I'm interested in.  Perhaps the format is wrong for me.  I think I'd prefer a question and answer session instead of the coach being fed softball questions over and over.  There also seems to be little or no season ticket talk.  This is a good time to sell season tickets to the faithful that show up.  And with a fantastic facility such as Apogee, why go to a brew pub ?  I'll go but it's just out of a starvation of North Texas athletics.  Boy, do we need baseball.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

10 hours ago, Marty said:

Nothing up here in big sky country, always a good turnout in Gainesville. Will have to try to make it to Denton or Plano.

https://www.untalumni.com/coachescaravan?utm_content=buffer48bc3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I would have kept Gainesville inasmuch as it's close to Oklahoma...and our current starting QB is from Oklahoma.  Seems like it'd be a chance for some of the southern Okie coaches/players to drop by and here Seth.  Occasionally, Ardmore will produce a good athlete.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

The Caravans are always a disappointment to me.  Most of the coaches are not good public speakers and I learn very little about whatever sport I'm interested in.  Perhaps the format is wrong for me.  I think I'd prefer a question and answer session instead of the coach being fed softball questions over and over.  There also seems to be little or no season ticket talk.  This is a good time to sell season tickets to the faithful that show up.  And with a fantastic facility such as Apogee, why go to a brew pub ?  I'll go but it's just out of a starvation of North Texas athletics.  Boy, do we need baseball.

GO MEAN GREEN

This is the first one since WB took over, so the format may be different. At the least, I expect more season ticket talk than there has been in the past. 

While in attendance, you can also visit tables hosted by the UNT Alumni Association, the Mean Green Club, the Barnes and Noble Bookstore and the ticket office.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

This is the first one since WB took over, so the format may be different. At the least, I expect more season ticket talk than there has been in the past. 

I think part of the deal is that most people in attendance at these things are already season ticket holders.  The question is how to sell beyond these things.  These are more "preaching to the choir"-type events. 

I'll wait for the regular counter arguments:

1 minute ago, drex said:

Interesting that they are charging a nominal fee for entrance to these events.  I wonder if this will hurt attendance...it shouldn't.

saw that....maybe it's just for the san anotonio one since it was listed after that one???  didn't one last year have a fee?

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

I think part of the deal is that most people in attendance at these things are already season ticket holders.  The question is how to sell beyond these things.  These are more "preaching to the choir"-type events. 

Probably right. There may be some that have not yet renewed that you can pick up during the event or people want to upgrade their seats. Basketball tickets could be sold during the event as well. If they can pick up a couple folks at each event, it is probably worth it. 

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

GO MEAN GREEN

Which do you want more ... people who are really good at being coaches or people who are really good at being public speakers? You can't always have both.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

59 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

FYI, Wren also told me via Twitter that they may do a smaller reception in Austin. 

via DM?

It seems weird to me that people would go directly to him via a private social media message, rather than email.  It's a sign of the times, though.  And, if you like to think you're above it, you want to bypass his secretary.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

I know. As soon as I move back to Denton...

Except it's at Anheiser-Busch (I mean karbach) so I probably wouldn't go anyway.

Really? You wouldn't go because it is at a location owned by An-Busch?  Thought folks went because they support the Mean Green.  Guess that doesn't apply to everyone.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 8

7 hours ago, greenminer said:

via DM?

It seems weird to me that people would go directly to him via a private social media message, rather than email.  It's a sign of the times, though.  And, if you like to think you're above it, you want to bypass his secretary.

Nope, tweet directly at a Wren, he usually replies.  

• Upvote 2