DRC: An early look at UNT's 2017 schedule

Brett Vito

I see us winning 5 or 6 games against the schedule.

Sure wins: Lamar and UAB (2 wins)

Probable Wins: @ Rice, UTSA, UTEP (2 wins

Possible Wins: Army, @ FAU, ODU (1-2 wins)

Probable Losses: @SMU, @ La Tech, @ USM (0-1 win)

Just Don't Let the Check Bounce and Get Anyone Hurt: @ Iowa (0 win)

• Downvote 6

Brett is a troll. He gets the feel for the fan base from this board then goes against the grain. He should know that no one cares about nutsack. OOC rival is SMUg. In conference rival is kind of TBD. I would think LaTech would maybe fit this bill a little better, imo. Either way...I would happily lose to anyone in our conference than lose to SMUg. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 19

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Brett is a troll. He gets the feel for the fan base from this board then goes against the grain. He should know that no one cares about nutsack. OOC rival is SMUg. In conference rival is kind of TBD. I would think LaTech would maybe fit this bill a little better, imo. Either way...I would happily lose to anyone in our conference than lose to SMUg. 

He knows that SMU doesn't view us that way, though, nor does La Tech. But he does know that UTSA hates our guts and we hate losing to them.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Just now, untjim1995 said:

He knows that SMU doesn't view us that way, though, nor does La Tech. But he does know that UTSA hates our guts and we hate losing to them.

I see no problem line up against UTSA as a rival.  New or not, we are similar in situation.  We compete for the same players, it is easy to get to.  I like San Antonio.....  What is wrong with having them as our rival.  We can still keep SMU as a local villain...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I see no problem line up against UTSA as a rival.  New or not, we are similar in situation.  We compete for the same players, it is easy to get to.  I like San Antonio.....  What is wrong with having them as our rival.  We can still keep SMU as a local villain...

I agree...and people's heads are really gonna spin if/when UTSA is playing SMU in the AAC and we are still a CUSA team now playing Texas State...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Until our record against the road kill isn't 1-3, I see no reason to be so dismissive.  

Now, SMU on the other hand?  Records don't matter because they are sub-human

• Upvote 4

There is no such thing as a sure win for us. 

Should wins: Lamar, UAB

50/50 chance to win: Southern Miss, UTSA, FAU, Old Diminion, UTEP, Army, and Rice

A little steeper climb to win: SMU and La. Tech. 

Need 7 turnovers to win: Iowa

I think we finish 6-6 and go to a bowl. 

Edited by GreenFlag
  • Upvote 3

On April 13, 2017 at 10:42 PM, UNTcrazy727 said:

I don't think I'd qualify losing 5 of your last 6 games as being "on a roll" heading into the next season.

But hey, that's just me...

Vito needs to raise his expectations.

Utep lost their offense when Jones left.  However we seem to struggle against the teams (utep and UTSA) that are run oriented and physical.  I think more pieces of the puzzle have been filled for the L man's offense.  He went 5-6 with mostly carry over players from a run offense.  I know I have the green colored glasses on as a sip the green kool aid on the patio watching Scrappy play the guitar.  I say we go 7-4.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Utep lost their offense when Jones left.  However we seem to struggle against the teams (utep and UTSA) that are run oriented and physical.  I think more pieces of the puzzle have been filled for the L man's offense.  He went 5-6 with mostly carry over players from a run offense.  I know I have the green colored glasses on as a sip the green kool aid on the patio watching Scrappy play the guitar.  I say we go 7-4.

12 games, buddy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I saw today a list that had UAB as #130 out of 130 FBS schools...again, if we cannot beat Lamar and UAB at home, then the rest of the schedule is too hard for us...

that means nothing to us, we always find away.  Maybe three years from now I will feel differently but I am still gun shy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1