That McCasland buyout needs to be paid

Arkstfan

9 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Evidently not enough to stay in Jonesboro for more than a year. 

What a lousy retort:

1) He meant on time
2) Karen Ashton

I kinda took this thread intially as some simple fun, not to turn into anything volatile.  We can do better.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

What a lousy retort:

1) He meant on time
2) Karen Ashton

I kinda took this thread intially as some simple fun, not to turn into anything volatile.  We can do better.

Oh because any responses in a dick measuring contest that is a college sports arguments is a good retort? Please let me in on these retorts that don't involve "YEAH BUT YOU," "NO YOU, GO TEAM." 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I am absolutely shocked, shocked,  SHOCKED to hear Wren Baker may not have handled a UNT basketball problem in a timely and immediate way. 

Shocked, I tell you. 

Hey, at least we handled it within a few days after it was already too late to matter... Right? 

2 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Evidently not enough to stay in Jonesboro for more than a year. 

You do know our coaches are successful unlike the dips you guys hire....You know out of high school and stuff....Lol...Love ya....btw when you look for your coach he is about waiste high to your shortest guy.  Take care of the little fella.  I figure he will be about as successful as your others.  Hey maybe it's not the coaches.  Ever think of that......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

15 minutes ago, OsageJ said:

You do know our coaches are successful unlike the dips you guys hire....You know out of high school and stuff....Lol...Love ya....btw when you look for your coach he is about waiste high to your shortest guy.  Take care of the little fella.  I figure he will be about as successful as your others.  Hey maybe it's not the coaches.  Ever think of that......

No one talks about RV that way except us.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah!  

He may be a Jimmy Johns loving, Tulsa blamer, but gosh darnit, he's OUR Jimmy Johns loving, Tulsa blamer.

And, as a number of his head coach hires can confirm, at least Ricky V knew how to pay a contractually mandated buyout. 

3 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

You are correct.

Grant violated his contract with Arkansas State by not delivering payment on time which in the worst case would lead to lawsuit judgment, fees, costs, and interest but doesn't involve UNT.

Presumably, UNT's contract with McCasland requires that UNT tender the payment on his behalf. The failure to do so just means he could walk from his contract and be due whatever damages the contract provides for UNT breaching.

That's the whole sum of it.

Accused?

Look I don't care if 8.7 million people drive by your stadium every day if they don't stop and enter when there is a game, and I don't care how wealthy the DFW area is if you don't honor your obligation to your coach and pay up as required by the contract. Maybe you sophisticates think hillbilly jokes show how superior you are but we pay our coaches.

How come I hear dueling banjos while reading all your post?

1 hour ago, OsageJ said:

You guys from Deliverance U are amazing!

Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

McCasland wouldn't dare go to the likes of North Texas

North Texas couldn't beat us out in purchasing power

He only left for his family

Our Conference is better

They didn't actually have the money for a buyout

Well he is just short and I am infatuated with hating on short men

You lames don't give up do you?

This made me lol plus 2

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, WolfBird said:

We are pretty good at this one and done coaching thing and this is the first time we had trouble getting the buyout. 

Ateast we ran to the media on the first day the payment was late to make everyone aware of the situation and allow for some chuckling at the expense of UNT. 

I hope y'all don't cut baseball to pay for it though. 

Actually, we just sent a truck full of banjos, 10 washtub basses, 5 washboards with the rope/neck attachments, 4 sets of spoons and enough possum stew to feed the masses.  The truck was searched by Arkansas Border Patrol in Texarkana and then almost high-jacked outside of Bald Knob, AR and Newport, AR.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, Greendylan said:

FROM THE OFFICE MR WREN BAKER
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK (ADB).
OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO.
WEST AFRICA.

DEAR MR. ARKSTFAN:

I AM WREN BAKER, THE AUDITOR GENERAL OF AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK HERE IN BURKINA FASO. DURING THE COURSE OF OUR AUDITING, I DISCOVERED A FLOATING FUND IN AN ACCOUNT OPENED IN THE BANK BY MR JOHN KOROVO AND AFTER GOING THROUGH SOME OLD FILES IN THE RECORDS I DISCOVERED THAT THE OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT DIED IN THE (BEIRUT-BOUND CHARTER JET) PLANE CRASH ON THE 25TH DECEMBER 2003 IN COTONOU (REPUBLIC OF BENIN).

AND NOBODY HAS OPERATED ON THIS ACCOUNT AGAIN, THE OWNER OF THIS ACCOUNT IS MR JOHN KOROVO A FOREIGNER, AND A TRADER WHO TRADE ON GOLD AND MINING, HE DIED, SINCE 2003 AND NO OTHER PERSON KNOWS ABOUT THIS ACCOUNT OR ANY THING CONCERNING IT, THE ACCOUNT HAS NO OTHER BENEFICIARY AND MY INVESTIGATION PROVED TO ME AS WELL THAT MR JOHN KOROVO DIE ALONG WITH HIS TIRED FAMILY. THE AMOUNT INVOLVED IS (USD 25.2 M) TWENTY-FIVE MILLION, TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY , I AM CONTACTING YOU AS A FOREIGNER BECAUSE THIS MONEY CAN NOT BE APPROVED TO A LOCAL PERSON HERE, BUT CAN ONLY BE APPROVED TO ANY FOREIGNER WITH VALID INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE AND FOREIGN ACCOUNT BECAUSE THE MONEY IS IN US DOLLARS AND THE FORMER OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT MR JOHN KOROVO IS A FOREIGNER TOO, AND THE MONEY CAN ONLY BE APPROVED INTO A FOREIGN ACCOUNT.

ON THE CONCLUSION OF THIS TRANSACTION YOU WILL BE ENTITLED TO 30% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS GRATIFICATION, WHILE 10% WILL BE SET ASIDE TO TAKE CARE OF THEEXPENSES THAT MAY ARISE DURING THE TIME OF TRANSFER AND ALSO TELEPHONE BILLS, WHILE 60% WILL BE FOR ME.

SO ON THE INDICATION OF YOUR WILLINGNESS I WANT YOU TO FORWARD TO ME YOUR  FULL NAME: SEX: COMPANY: IF ANY FULL CONTACT ADDRESS: PHONE: CELL: FAX: CITY: STATE:ZIP CODE: COUNTRY: OCCUPATION AND ALL THE NECESSARYINFORMATION WILL BE SENT TO YOU ON THE ACCEPTANCE TO CHAMPION THIS TRANSACTION WITH ME.

THANKS
YOURS TRULY

WREN BAKER

This may be one of my favorite posts on GMG....ever.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

What a lousy retort:

1) He meant on time
2) Karen Ashton

You bet your ASTON we can all do better here. 

• Upvote 4