DRC: Baker says he has no interest in potential opening at OSU

Brett Vito

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Unless there is an additional quote Brett got from WB, I don't see anything in there where he says he's "not interested" in the job.    He said all the things I would expect him to say... while being available, and putting feelers out for that potential opening behind the scenes.

Can we say that Vito was click baiting everyone?

With that being said, if WB did get an offer and left, doesn't have have a buyout? If so, it would be a very nice payment to UNT since WB is only about 7 months into his contract. 

• Upvote 1

In other news, I just want to make it clear that I also have no interest, despite all the reports to the contrary and my name coming up so much in discussions of the opening and the fact that I have been to Oklahoma several times and am even willing to admit that here publicly. So you can see I have strong connections to the area, but nope no interest on my part, well except that I'm interested. Could some of you repost this to some news sites and maybe email it to the powers that be at OSU just to let them know about my lack of interest?

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

In other news, I just want to make it clear that I also have no interest, despite all the reports to the contrary and my name coming up so much in discussions of the opening and the fact that I have been to Oklahoma several times and am even willing to admit that here publicly. So you can see I have strong connections to the area, but nope no interest on my part, well except that I'm interested. Could some of you repost this to some news sites and maybe email it to the powers that be at OSU just to let them know about my lack of interest?

Whew!

• Upvote 1

On 4/6/2017 at 3:12 PM, Harry said:

Get used to it.  The day of a 15 year tenure at AD is long gone.  

The current leadership at UNT has made 3 successive hires of hungry, young up and comers in Littrell, Wren and now GM.  They'll go out and do the same should we lose Wren.  I'm tired of UNT being an athletics graveyard, so I'm rooting for these guys to win big and move on to other challenges.  It will benefit us in the long run.

• Upvote 4

I don't see the big deal. He insulated himself with a bunch of executive level personnel, used a search firm to hire McCasland, and sold our rights to Learfield. Outside of meeting with Mattress Mac and being active on twitter, what would we be missing if he left? The executive staff would still be here and we are already locked in with Learfield so no need to sell advertising anymore. The same search firms will be available for future hires so I guess I don't see what he as an individual brings to the table.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

18 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I don't see the big deal. He insulated himself with a bunch of executive level personnel, used a search firm to hire McCasland, and sold our rights to Learfield. Outside of meeting with Mattress Mac and being active on twitter, what would we be missing if he left? The executive staff would still be here and we are already locked in with Learfield so no need to sell advertising anymore. The same search firms will be available for future hires so I guess I don't see what he as an individual brings to the table.

McFarland was already well known by Baker and the assistant AD.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Seriously?  Also, heading home for the Easter holiday and stopping at Turner Falls means nothing. 

• Upvote 3