18' RB Brock Sturges (Allen H.S.) - 3 *

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, GrayEagle said:

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Coach 24 on this.  Worse than that, he seems designed for our Metroplex rival who could use a very good running back.  Really hope I'm wrong on this.

Unless you mean TCU, SMU has some very good backs. Hope he sticks around, but that Indiana offer is big time.

14 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

We have Nic Smith already here, with Triggers, and Johnson from our most recent class. 

Not going to say we are set at RB, but that is a solid stable of RBs I think. 

I would agree, but none of the young men you have listed have done anything on the field, and only one is currently on campus.  I love their potential, but we all know what potential is.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I would agree, but none of the young men you have listed have done anything on the field, and only one is currently on campus.  I love their potential, but we all know what potential is.

I see where you are coming from, but by the time NSD comes around. We will have a lot clearer picture of the RB position. We heard about Smith all throughout the season and even this offseason. I do think we will have a clear view of Smith after the Spring Game with Wilson sitting out the spring entirely. 

I would say RB could be likely a pressing need for us on the Offensive side (outside of QB) of the ball after Wilson leaves, but with the depth issues at CB and LB. I do agree that we need to just stockpile talent as much as possible, but we were able to pick up someone like Triggers just 2 or 3 days before NSD. If Struges goes else where, its no biggy is all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 2 months later...