IPF is happening

Wag Tag

1 minute ago, UNTFan23 said:

Other than all sorts of grading that has to take place to "move" one of the fields plus the fencing all around the two fields ...

I understand that, but again i have no idea the price, but even if it were another 10-20k to move the fields slightly (if thats the plan).. I would hope they can afford it...

• Downvote 1

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

I understand that, but again i have no idea the price, but even if it were another 10-20k to move the fields slightly (if thats the plan).. I would hope they can afford it...

If you go to GoogleMaps, the fields already end pretty close to the wind turbines. Doubt they'll be moving the fields any as a result of building the IPF.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Yep, 

Also, here is a random question.. The fields are a a fair distance away from the windmills (or whatever you wanna call them).... Could the practice fields be moved closer to them or does it have to be a certain distance away for safety, or other reason?

The IPF will be in a straight line with the Athletic Center and the Apogee playing surface. The location of the existing practice field will change. One 120 yard practice field will be to the adjacent west side of the IPF, and over by the windmills a  couple of "half fields" which will face perpendicular to the 120 yard practice field and the IPF.

15 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

If you go to GoogleMaps, the fields already end pretty close to the wind turbines. Doubt they'll be moving the fields any as a result of building the IPF.

See above. Also, there is a new parking lot planned adjacent south of the bus turnaround on what will be the east side of the IPF.

15 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

TBH, when they said that this facility would be connected to the existing building, I was expecting them to be connected by more than a concrete walkway.  I guess I was expecting that there would be some sort of enclosure that connected the two buildings, or that the new building would be more of an extension of the old.  Still, it looks pretty cool and will be great once it is completed.  I can't imagine construction costs are going to go down anytime soon so the cost of the project is probably climbing every day that passes.

You are talking about the next phase of capital projects, which included renovated and expanded Athletic Center and operations. Part of this concept was to explore connecting the IPF and that renovated & expanded Athletic Center.

15 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

See above. The practice fields layout will completely change with the new IPF.

Edited by UNT Mean Green

• 4 weeks later...

The latest North Texan confirms that a "$16 million indoor practice facility, (is) expected to break ground in 2018 south of Apogee Stadium.  It will feature a full football practice field along with 10 additional yards for skill work.   Track and field athletes will have their own sprint lanes.  Netting and lighting will help make it a multi-purpose space for other teams."

I also read that the Athletic weight room will be expanded as well as offices in the (Athletic) building south of the current facility to connect with the IPF.

These will be great recruiting tools and if we continue to win should put us to the forefront of G5 recruiting.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

The latest North Texan confirms that a "$16 million indoor practice facility, (is) expected to break ground in 2018 south of Apogee Stadium.  It will feature a full football practice field along with 10 additional yards for skill work.   Track and field athletes will have their own sprint lanes.  Netting and lighting will help make it a multi-purpose space for other teams."

I also read that the Athletic weight room will be expanded as well as offices in the (Athletic) building south of the current facility to connect with the IPF.

These will be great recruiting tools and if we continue to win should put us to the forefront of G5 recruiting.

Good update!  Thank you for sharing this good news.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 12:57 AM, GrayEagle said:

That is the best way to maybe get the State of Texas to help with some of the funding as in...."a multipurpose facility?"  Have a few AM classes in the IPF to put the icing on that cake.  Back in the day that is how you use to get some public funding help.  Has that changed?  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

That is the best way to maybe get the State of Texas to help with some of the funding as in...."a multipurpose facility?"  Have a few AM classes in the IPF to put the icing on that cake.  Back in the day that is how you use to get some public funding help.  Has that changed?  

GMG!

No.  That's so small time.  Do NOT put any classes anywhere near this facility.  

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, GMG24 said:

You can still get public funding if you conduct academic classes in said facility. To your point, that is not the plan for this facility. Could be in play for the Wrenovation and Expansion of the Athletics Center facility.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:10 PM, GMG24 said:

So the Super Pit is small time?  Who do you think funded a large part of it?  Maybe 50% of the populous who pay taxes did (like for everything else in this country today)?

Its a mixed bag.  Fully financed by donors is the better plan, but if the facility is used for a large part of an academic year by students,  then public funding could free up an amount that could be earmarked for  a varsity baseball program?

I think it is fortunate that we will get an IPF no matter how it is funded.  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

So the Super Pit is small time?  Who do you think funded a large part of it?  Maybe 50% of the populous who pay taxes did (like for everything else in this country today)?

Its a mixed bag.  Fully financed by donors is the better plan, but if the facility is used for a large part of an academic year by students,  then public funding could free up an amount that could be earmarked for  a varsity baseball program?

I think it is fortunate that we will get an IPF no matter how it is funded.  

GMG!

The guts of it are absolutely.  The pit is used for classes because there is not enough room in the other buildings for those classes to meet.  

5 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/mean-green/2017/10/24/littrell-presser-takeaways-notes-unt-got-cocky-fau-loss

Vito says they are breaking ground for the IPF on saturday? I thought they were breaking ground for the Soccer/Track on Saturday?

No, that's not what Vito said. He said:

-- UNT added a small billboard outside of the Mean Green Athletic Center promoting the school's new indoor practice facility. The school will break ground on the venue in the next few months. UNT will break ground on a new track/soccer venue on Saturday.

I wonder if they might break ground for the Spring Game? It would be a good time since you'd have lots of alumni present. Otherwise NSD might be another good day for such an event.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

No, that's not what Vito said. He said:

I wonder if they might break ground for the Spring Game? It would be a good time since you'd have lots of alumni present. Otherwise NSD might be another good day for such an event.

He went back and updated/changed it after I had posted.. and tagged him directly in this own articles thread here..

People have said they would break ground once the season was over.. which hopefully they do it get it up ASAP

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

are there other pictures of the ipf?  

There were a few on Twitter earlier today.  I don't have the ability to link it at this time, but maybe someone else can.  There was an external and an internal rendering.

5 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

are there other pictures of the ipf?  

They have multiple signs up around the athletic complex.. 1 at light by North Texas Blvd., one by the Bridge on the access road, the one vito posted, and one in the parking lot of the athletic complex.. if you can make it up to the game

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...