IPF is happening

Wag Tag

10 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

AD is finalizing the IPF.

1. It will be 120yd football field

2. The clear ht will not be there for kicking..to $$$

3. It will go on the second outdoor practice field that is on the backside.

4. A structure will be built to expand the current offices and facilities and the IPF will be connected. The view from the road will be amazing!

GMG

Have you seen renderings?  Are we that far?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

Maybe not enough for kick off... But we need it to be big enough for field goals at least... Right?

I would imagine they are talking about punting versus kicking (kickoffs and field goals). I believe you need 75' in the clear to punt.

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Have you seen renderings?  Are we that far?

Seen some options. It will look insane, imagine you will have a visible of Apogee , the expanded offices and facilities and the IPF as continuous vision. With a practice field in front of the IPF.

Something should be announced in the next few weeks is the impression I got!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Seen some options. It will look insane, imagine you will have a visible of Apogee , the expanded offices and facilities and the IPF as continuous vision. With a practice field in front of the IPF.

Something should be announced in the next few weeks is the impression I got!

So a less expensive version of the Star? I like it!

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

Maybe not enough for kick off... But we need it to be big enough for field goals at least... Right?

Been in A&M's facility and they have a net that hangs down in an endzone with a field goal posts stitched into it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

AD is finalizing the IPF.

1. It will be 120yd football field

2. The clear ht will not be there for kicking..to $$$

3. It will go on the second outdoor practice field that is on the backside.

4. A structure will be built to expand the current offices and facilities and the IPF will be connected. The view from the road will be amazing!

GMG

Are you talking about the intramural fields?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

no, there are technically 2 fields on our current practice field

There is an east and west field that are fenced off. There are some more fields further to the south. I think they intend to use one of those fields for the new IPF.

Just now, Wag Tag said:

The 2 Football practice fields just off the parking lot. South side.

Perhaps a picture might help with figuring out which fields.

Fields A or B:

PracticeFields.jpg

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

There is an east and west field that are fenced off. There are some more fields further to the south. I think they intend to use one of those fields for the new IPF.

Perhaps a picture might help with figuring out which fields.

Fields A or B:

PracticeFields.jpg

Impression I got it would be to the right of A with a PF in front. Again it will be connected to the new office facilities. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Forgot to mention the University will match every dollar raised for the project! Let's all get the checkbooks out!  Leadership is just out standing! GMG 

So we should be receiving an official UNT fundraising solicitation/document in the mail soon?  Explaining, in written form and IPF conceptual drawings, what they are doing and what they will be asking the Alumni base to do.  Financially speaking.

Wren, for gosh sakes don't send me an email requesting a donation.  Make it professional.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

My guess is that this will be a big thing for them to sale and present to people that come to the spring game. 

Also, with it connecting to the IPF, I would like to see improvements made to the weight room with them moving the Football Meeting rooms into the connecting area hopefully. 

Any idea when it is expected to be completed/ started? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Also, with it connecting to the IPF, I would like to see improvements made to the weight room with them moving the Football Meeting rooms into the connecting area hopefully. 

Weight room, maybe. But they just spent a buttload of $$$$$ renovating and improving the team meeting areas in the AC. Don't see why you would move them after you just rebuilt them.