DRC: Saturday scrimmage notes

Brett Vito

I like that the defense is playing well but it does make me wonder if the defense is actually playing very well or if the offense just isn't playing very well. I would like to think that in a game we could get a turnover on about 1/16 plays, but that just seems a little too far fetched to me, unless the defense has drastically improved in the offseason/over spring practice. Regardless, I'm glad to see some familiar names pop up and I can't wait to see what the combination of Bryce English and Hambone can do on the D-Line.

• Upvote 1

"Our defensive line had a really good day," Littrell said. "Bryce did some really good things up front and is getting into the swing of things. He has dropped some weight, which makes him more athletic. That is one of our deepest groups with guys competing for reps. It's a strength of our team."

Oh Dear Lord please be a great DL.  Please be a great DL.  Please be a great DL.

• Upvote 7

53 minutes ago, Brett Vito said:

English, Rod Young, and Hambone should be as talented of front line as we've had in quite a while. Especially in the 2018 season.

Edited by UNT Mean Green

Mr Vito 

I am calling you out on this article. I am tired of your biased opinions in your articles ,however when you are lying I will call you out. I was at the scrimmage today and did not see what you saw. The offense did have a bad day but there were good things that we can build upon. The 7 out of 8 plays from the 3 yard line we scored on. I believe the offensive running backs had 4 TDs rushing, Mr Shanbour had 2 TD passing , 1 TD run and 1 incompletion. No other QBs took snaps in this drill. 

Mr Shanbour did not have a interception credited to him as the pick that you are referring to was called back for defensive pass interference. The receiver was held as the ball was released and therefore he was not in the area where the ball was thrown. 

I love our coaches and our players and have kept silent about your bias opinions in your article, but when you start misreporting  the truth, I am going to call you out especially when it involves a young man who is a member of the team. . 

Whatever Mr Shanbour may have done to you or why you don't like him we will never know. SilverEagle has called you out and now I'm calling you out. If you can't be a responsible journalist then you should quit covering UNT football . 

I only want the best players playing and our coaches will make sure that happens and you need to report the facts and stop downgrading a player that you don't like. I have read your articles and can not remember another player that you dislike so much that you continue to needle him in your articles. From his size to his weight to his running ability and to his arm you have continued to downgrade this QB. 

Please keep to the facts and take out your biased opinions in the future. 

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 29

Honestly, what I would like to see the moest in these situations is no side of the ball getting the better of the other consistently. I feel that if both are good, then that is the most likely outcome. Moreover that really pushes both sides to get better and get the upper hand and allows everyone to practice everything. If the offense consistently has good time to throw it is not prepared enough for when the protection breaks down or there is too little push, and when it never gets push/protection, it is not prepared for when it actually does get time/push. Similar on the other side.

Edited by outoftown

6 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Typically, the defense severely outplays the offense in the spring.  Believe it or not, that even held true during the Dodge years.

So I wouldn't read too much into it.

I'm assuming because of guys who haven't usually played together are out of rhythm and that it's easier on defense to look good when some guys are not on the same page? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNT Fan 92 said:

Mr Vito 

I am calling you out on this article. I am tired of your biased opinions in your articles ,however when you are lying I will call you out. I was at the scrimmage today and did not see what you saw. The offense did have a bad day but there were good things that we can build upon. The 7 out of 8 plays from the 3 yard line we scored on. I believe the offensive running backs had 4 TDs rushing, Mr Shanbour had 2 TD passing , 1 TD run and 1 incompletion. No other QBs took snaps in this drill. 

Mr Shanbour did not have a interception credited to him as the pick that you are referring to was called back for defensive pass interference. The receiver was held as the ball was released and therefore he was not in the area where the ball was thrown. 

I love our coaches and our players and have kept silent about your bias opinions in your article, but when you start misreporting  the truth, I am going to call you out especially when it involves a young man who is a member of the team. . 

Whatever Mr Shanbour may have done to you or why you don't like him we will never know. SilverEagle has called you out and now I'm calling you out. If you can't be a responsible journalist then you should quit covering UNT football . 

I only want the best players playing and our coaches will make sure that happens and you need to report the facts and stop downgrading a player that you don't like. I have read your articles and can not remember another player that you dislike so much that you continue to needle him in your articles. From his size to his weight to his running ability and to his arm you have continued to downgrade this QB. 

865f45f91a548df5178f6a644c45dbd7.gif

4 hours ago, UNT Fan 92 said:

Mr Vito 

Unfortunately, this problem of biased reporting is a nationwide epidemic.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

21 hours ago, UNT Fan 92 said:

Mr Vito 

So you would prefer that Vito always refer to him as Shanwow?

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I find it amusing that Brett chose this post as "best answer" in this thread.

I suggest 2 possibilities:

(1.) Brett remembered how well our quarterbacks' practice performance has predicted future success.

(2.) He advocates the concept of "there is no bad publicity".

• Upvote 2