MGB: Report -- ASN to cease operations, LA Tech snags 2 DFW players with UNT offers

Brett Vito

Looking at the player profiles, I always notice something on 247sports that drives me crazy.  On each team that offers, they show who is "currently" on the roster.  This feature isn't even close to being accurate, and I wonder if some players look at this when considering teams and the individual competition they may face.

16 hours ago, Rudy said:

So now who is left to broadcast CUSA?

Campus Insiders covered some of the Basketball Tournament however they are an online only player.

22 hours ago, GangGreen said:

If ASN would have developed an app for online streaming on rooku, Amazon fire, etc. this may have worked out differently.

From what I understand, ASN was about as bare bones as you could get and still put out a broadcasting signal. Developing (and maintaining) apps to run on numerous platforms costs money, which it seems ASN didn't have much of.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

I really wish CUSA would push its digital network harder. There should be an app for Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, and Android. Pay $XX a year, and get at least the in-house feeds for all games. Unless, of course, they're on national TV.

Feeds are handled by the member schools. Not everyone is investing as much in the necessary infrastructure so your results may vary based on where the game is being played.

6 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Could be a member of the La Tech coaching staff, but lives in DFW area.  Maybe not an "on the field coach".

The only head coach and assistant coaches can talk to recruits.  There are all sort of extra staff members that can coordinate with HS coaches, but they can not talk to the recruit or their family.

48 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The only head coach and assistant coaches can talk to recruits.  There are all sort of extra staff members that can coordinate with HS coaches, but they can not talk to the recruit or their family.

Didn't Biagi, the new Special Teams coach recruit kids when he was like a GA or something at Arkansas?

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Before he was at ND, I believe he was at ARK and recruited some kid from NC, when ARK never recruited anyone out of NC

Correct. The article explained how that worked. Something about no in person contact. 

21 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Feeds are handled by the member schools. Not everyone is investing as much in the necessary infrastructure so your results may vary based on where the game is being played.

21 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

I really wish CUSA would push its digital network harder. There should be an app for Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, and Android. Pay $XX a year, and get at least the in-house feeds for all games. Unless, of course, they're on national TV.

For sure some feeds suck while others less so, but I wonder if it's possible to consume CUSA TV content that already exists on an app? I think that would make premium access even more worth it, or heck, even create levels of premium membership. 

I've had to hook up my laptop to the tv in the past, so using a mobile app (or a tv app) would be awesome.