No Class at All

MeanGreenNation

Check out picture number 10 in this gallery of images from the Hawii - Houston game. The Houston team even disrespected the fans !  ohmy.gif

http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=258

There's another side to this story. Hawaii fans reportedly threw beer & objects at the Houston players, cheer leaders and fans during the game. One report says that the Houston AD called for police long before the fight incident. Hawaii has a history of similar happenings.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/cusa/index.php?...=ST&f=4&t=10239

Edited by MeanGreen61

Remember that Cincinnati came to the New Orleans Bowl last year because of the Hawaii/Cincinnati game had ended in a brawl. It would have been a fantastic rematch because it had been a close exciting game.

I believe that Hawaii also brawled with Tulane.

Say what you want about any of those schools but the only team I've heard of them fighting with was always the same one. Hawaii.

I attended last year's Hawaii Bowl (Hawaii v. Tulane), and while things never got as violent as they did this year, there were more altercations than I'm used to seeing in a game. I did notice a lot of aggressiveness in some of the Hawaii fans around me, too...not sure what the deal is with them.

In the end, though, the Hawaii fans and players probably felt too deflated to start anything, as Timmy Chang went down with an injury early, replaced by a guy who couldn't pass worth crap. In the end, I wasn't all that surprised to see Tulane win...they played good, disciplined football. Hawaii, on the other hand, acted as if the game was in the bag from the very beginning.

Edited by Lawson

The program is larger than any one individual, fan, player, coach, etc. It has to be that way because the variables are constantly changing. Football by it's nature is a rough, physical game played by similar players. Emotions run high in games and competing for playing time in practice and for respect in public places. Sometimes players don't turn their head and walk away when they should.

DD seems like a players coach and runs a clean program. I can't think of a harder job than to try and control 100 18-22 year old males 24 hours a day, every day. I know a mom with a son in a PAC10 program that says there are many borderline criminals on it and she worries for his safety.

We have to look at the big picture here for North Texas. We are trying to get established as a consistent winning mid-major program and move up the conference food-chain...cleanly. I think overall we're doing that. ph34r.gif