LSU will fire Johnny Jones after SEC Tourney

Harry

3 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Bummer. 

Mostly for the players, who are now certain to end up getting strung out on heroin and dropping out of school by the end of the week. 

You forgot the most dangerous sin of all: they will have pre-marital sex with college girls!!!!!!

Oh, the horror!!!!

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

I don't think we should re-hire JJ.

But I bet he's one of, if not the best, candidate for the job.

If he is, we should re-hire him. We probably wont, but unless darrin Horn shows interest, there will not be a more accomplished coach at the level we play at that will be a better choice than JJ. But that's assuming JJ wants to be a head coach again here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

The coaching carousel goes round & round - now Rice needs a new coach, because he took the VCU job because the VCU coach took the LSU job.  Might JJ apply for the Rice job?

Mike Rhoades leaving Rice University basketball for VCU head coaching job

I have a vague personal interest in news about Mike Rhoades, as he lived next to my father-in-law in Bellaire, before my father-in-law moved out to Sugar Land 2 years ago.  Talked with him once or twice...

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, greenminer said:

Purely hypothetical: would you take JJ or Shawn Forrest as a recruiting assistant?  Pick one.

Not a logical choice, even hypothetically.   JJ is not going to take an assistant job at NT, and NT probably couldn't pry Forrest away from SMU.   

However, Forrest would be the best hire in this scenario. 

• Upvote 1