Coach Candidate

djohnnie

1 minute ago, smoothfresh said:

The FGCU coach, who made a base salary of about $235,000 this season and has a buyout of only about $150,000 on a contract with two years remaining.

As to what we have to offer...who knows...but I believe he should be the #1 guy we contact. 

And you're not worried he has no connections to any Texas HS coaches?

I understand that we are UNT and over the years we've been trained to think small.  However, Neal doesn't seem to think that way.  Who would have thought we'd be able to go after and land the OC of one of the most explosive and up and coming offenses in the nation to be our football head coach?  I certainly wouldn't have thought that was possible. 

I think the same will happen in basketball.  I believe we're going to see a bigger hire than we've seen in the past.  Like Tommy Lloyd at Gonzaga or maybe Danny Henderson at OSU.

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Moobs said:

I understand that we are UNT and over the years we've been trained to think small.  However, Neal doesn't seem to think that way.  Who would have thought we'd be able to go after and land the OC of one of the most explosive and up and coming offenses in the nation to be our football head coach?  I certainly wouldn't have thought that was possible. 

I think the same will happen in basketball.  I believe we're going to see a bigger hire than we've seen in the past.  Like Tommy Lloyd at Gonzaga or maybe Danny Henderson at OSU.

I agree with the step up on the new BB coach. Don't know if an assistant coach with no or limited head coaching experience will cut it.

We tried that with Benfired!

15 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

I agree with the step up on the new BB coach. Don't know if an assistant coach with no or limited head coaching experience will cut it.

We tried that with Benfired!

The right coach doesn't necessarily have to have HC experience, though it often helps. 

It was obvious Benford was the wrong hire very early on. The unforgivable error was keeping that level of a coach for five full seasons.