MGB: UNT 2017 WR/TE outlook

Brett Vito

42 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

WR/TE will not be a problem in 2017 because we will have a QB tall enough to see over the line in Pearson. 

The only remaining question is how long it takes Fine to transition to WR.

IMn4tpvHpBM40.gif

I'm looking at Bussey and not turning back

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 2

Dillman appears to be set on playing DE.  Littrell needs to find a place to leverage Chum. He is too good of an athlete to leave on the sideline. May need to see if he can play D if he can't help at WR. 

I am looking for the A WR to step up. Between Lawrence, Griffin, Darren, Khan, and Edwards, somebody needs to step up. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Aldo said:

IMn4tpvHpBM40.gif

Image result for look up gif

I really hope Bussey takes that next step up this next season. I really think he is going to be good. Guyton should be fun to watch.....I hope

Rutherford needs to use his size and become a true Redzone threat 

Looking forward to seeing what Pirtle and Griffin can do

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

I'm not really sure what he is talking about in this article. We didn't have anything proven going into last year, and the group was a weakness of the team. It's why they had to move Buyers. We don't have anything this year either but more guys recruited to play in this offense. It's a push at worst.

Vito always is a glass half empty guy when analysing the returning team.  

I thought the wrs were on a whole below average last year.  Smiley came on at the end of the year as did the freshmen Bussey and Wilson.   Add the recruits and I believe that the receiving corps will be significantly better.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Dillman appears to be set on playing DE.  Littrell needs to find a place to leverage Chum. He is too good of an athlete to leave on the sideline. May need to see if he can play D if he can't help at WR. 

I am looking for the A WR to step up. Between Lawrence, Griffin, Darren, Khan, and Edwards, somebody needs to step up. 

I think Griffin could be a nice addition as a WR, but I hope they use him as a gadget guy as well, like a wild-cat QB at times and that.

2 guys to watch should be Lawerence and Duhon, both played in the spread and were talented guys that were PWOs.

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Vito always is a glass half empty guy when analysing the returning team.  

I thought the wrs were on a whole below average last year.  Smiley came on at the end of the year as did the freshmen Bussey and Wilson.   Add the recruits and I believe that the receiving corps will be significantly better.   

Smiley did come on, and I think we are better in terms of depth but we have more ?s at the top of the chart in terms of production. We lost TT,Goree, Buyers, Robinson all solid guys(in terms of production/what they brought to the field).. Guyton hasn't played D1 yet, Rico and Wilson had flashes(and looked great in the HoD), Smiley did come on the last 2/3 games of the year but didn't do much the other games of the year.. Not saying we expected a lot from the guys lost, but the guys stepping in should be better because of flashes/skills we just haven't seen it yet, after the spring-ball ill be more confident. I do think the kid White from GA in this class could be a great pick up as well.

54 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Bussey started his year well, then got hurt, but made it back just in time to shine during the HoD bowl.

Looking for marked improvement from Mr. Bussey this year.

BTW...   does anyone know what Bussey's injury was?   All I ever saw about it was an "undisclosed" injury.

I think someone had said it was either a shoulder or something like a hip/hamstring/knee thing.. I know that doesn't help much

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

2 guys to watch should be Lawerence and Khan(isn't he the Southlake kid?), both played in the spread and were talented guys that were PWOs.

Duhon is from Southlake. Khan has been here s couple of years now. I agree about Mike Law though. Throw in Elijah McEntire also. They should all be able to contribute.

• Upvote 1