'18 ATH Antonio Gage (Dallas Madison)

UNTLifer

7 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

He deleted the post about his commitment date. I don't know if it makes you look good or bad to seek out coaches the way he has. It seems like it would rub the coaches that have already offered the wrong way. I'm wondering if he had a bunch of offers dry up and that's why he is scrambling. If you have offers from Tech, Colorado, and Utah, you typically don't seek out the receivers coach from SFA.

I'm guessing offers like CU, Utah have dried up.. I have no idea but just a gut feeling.. 

Tech I have no idea if they would move on from a kid like Gage, but I would like to think UNT stays in contact with him for him to recommit again.. @TheReal_jayD do you know if we are still recruiting or has this ship sailed?

5 hours ago, GMG24 said:

This sounds to me like a kid who can't get test score or gps he needs so he's "keeping options open"

My question is if that's true.. do we think UNT leaves a scholarship open for him? Sign and fingers crossed he makes it? Blue-shirt (thought it wasn't allowed now?)

8 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'm guessing offers like CU, Utah have dried up.. I have no idea but just a gut feeling.. 

Tech I have no idea if they would move on from a kid like Gage, but I would like to think UNT stays in contact with him for him to recommit again.. @TheReal_jayD do you know if we are still recruiting or has this ship sailed?

My question is if that's true.. do we think UNT leaves a scholarship open for him? Sign and fingers crossed he makes it? Blue-shirt (thought it wasn't allowed now?)

Is he really that good?

14 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I don't have a concrete answer but I would say that ship has sailed. I am thinking grades are a problem. I'm not sure how many offers of his still stand. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I don't have a concrete answer but I would say that ship has sailed. I am thinking grades are a problem. I'm not sure how many offers of his still stand. 

You would think a dude that is sitting on a dozen scholarship offers (re: a paid college education) would pull his head out of his rear if grades were actually the issue.
I hope he gets his grades/test scores up to qualifying, and our offer is still there, because he's a player.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Still not committed anywhere, and he's not getting any big offers (I think he picked up a NMSU offer after decommitting) despite a pretty nice year so far.

Gotta be grades/test scores.

Still hoping he can get his grades/test scores up to par & if so, we're still there with an offer.

I would bet our offer isn't good any more.  This young man, unfortunately, is too caught up in the recruiting game and probably isn't hitting the books like he should.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...