Breaking ---Third Coach P5 Poached (update: Derrick LeBlanc)

TheReal_jayD

3 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

When Lebanc was hired I was hoping he would have some kind of recruiting connections for D-lineman from the Juco ranks. This didn't happen.

Congrats to coach Lebanc and welcome to the SEC!

Going to say, will be interesting to see LeBanc vs Davis when Kentucky plays UF

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Then write that check...

I give my part....believe me.  Also at every home football, a couple away football games, and most home basketball games

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I give my part....believe me.  Also at every home football, a couple away football games, and most home basketball games

See you in Iowa????

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I've never understood the concerns about coaches coming here, doing well and being lured away by other opportunities. In my opinion, this is all good stuff. It makes us look more attractive to coaches hungry to further their careers and increase the level of talent of the coaches that would consider coming here.

• Upvote 5

I look at it this way.  The folks that really know college football; not any of the rating guys, but coaches, AD's and the like; know what a great job UNT did putting a valid team on the field and what a great job the coaches did with what we had to play with last year.  Not a knock on the players, but going from where we were, the where we ended up, must have been a lot better than we thought.....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Its not concerning if a coach leaves for a power 5 every once in a while, but changing 4 coaches this season is a bit on the high end, even if it indicates that other head coaches think we have got talent. In the short and mid-term it can't be great for player development, if they have to get used to somebody new almost every season.

I guess SL will have a good argument for raising the assistant salary pool when the next negotiations come around. That and an increased recruiting budget would be great places to elevate UNT from its C-USA brethren On a related note: for how long are we still paying McCarney and RV?

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

don't we need coaches in place for spring ball? any word on replacements?  i am going out on limb  here and say we lose the basketball game tonight.

I knew it! I had you pegged as a risk-taker!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Do we still have a coach on the payroll that has experience coaching the DLine?

smiling face with sunglasses

I know its a joke. But if he were up for it and SL agreed, I wouldn't even be angry if he were to do something for his salary, and I don't think he'd be bad at it. That said, I don't think he's up for it (why if he gets the money for free), and I see no reason why SL would want to agree to such a thing.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

And 3 Power 5 Bowl teams at that. I think this should be def viewed as a positive for Seth 

I'm assuming that this would lead to a boost in funds for coaching salaries, but should we expect a boost elsewhere as well?

Besides in the boost of terms of people interested in UNT because of this as well...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1