RAVEON HOSTON

djohnnie

Keep in mind that's a fan recruiting Twitter account. They do good work, but not associated with North Texas athletics. From my understanding, Raveon was not academically eligible after being signed as a late qualifier and any part on the team would be as a walk-on, if SL & co. want to go in that direction. He has always maintained on Twitter that he wants to play for us, but the coaches haven't mentioned it other than last summer when asked SL said he won't be playing for us after failing to qualify academically. 

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/08/breaking-news-raveon-hoston-will-not-play-for-unt.html/

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 2

Would really love to have him for this year but it will be for this year only.  His clock runs out next season.  I consider linebacker our weakest defensive position and one person with a little Zach Orr in him would be sheer entertainment for me.  But, last year was so disappointing that Ek has lost confidence in his situation and work closer with players that will be here only one season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Would really love to have him for this year but it will be for this year only.  His clock runs out next season.  I consider linebacker our weakest defensive position and one person with a little Zach Orr in him would be sheer entertainment for me.  But, last year was so disappointing that Ek has lost confidence in his situation and work closer with players that will be here only one season.

UHM..... do you understand how the meeting rooms work?? every player of that position is in there and listens to the instructions.

15 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I believe Hoston would be a DE here

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I believe Hoston would be a DE here

yeah he ain't playing LB, he'd have his hand in the ground and will be a 5 technique in our scheme. 

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

yeah he ain't playing LB, he'd have his hand in the ground and will be a 5 technique in our scheme. 

With that being said... We thinking English slides into DT? I wanna say in his high school tape, he played a DE.. I'd love to shift English out to DE for him to anchor edge and with his height it be easy for him to get under the pads of taller OTs and to quick for Guards

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

53 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

With that being said... We thinking English slides into DT? I wanna say in his high school tape, he played a DE.. I'd love to shift English out to DE for him to anchor edge and with his height it be easy for him to get under the pads of taller OTs and to quick for Guards

English will always be our Nose. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

He told me he'll join the team in the summer. Take that with the requisite salt. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

So...he's not absolutely, positively coming but he is breathing hard?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

He told me he'll join the team in the summer. Take that with the requisite salt. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Well didn't we do this with Ivery last year? He didn't have anything to do with Spring-ball so he could focus on grades? Could this be our way of having him get the grades so he is able to play in the fall?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 6 months later...