Brad Underwood

djohnnie

4 minutes ago, djohnnie said:

Brad Underwood seems like a good name to look at for coach at UNT. Do you think we could pry him  away from SFA?

We should definitely call SFA and request permission to contact for an interview. He's undefeated there this year. 

The latest on Billy Gillespie at Ranger College:

After using ineligible players and other violations, his 2015–16 Ranger College men's basketball team will forfeit all games from that season and have been placed on probation by the NJCAA for the 2016 – 2017 season. On December 7, 2016, Gillispie announced his immediate retirement from coaching, citing severe health issues related to his blood pressure

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

The latest on Billy Gillespie at Ranger College:

After using ineligible players and other violations, his 2015–16 Ranger College men's basketball team will forfeit all games from that season and have been placed on probation by the NJCAA for the 2016 – 2017 season. On December 7, 2016, Gillispie announced his immediate retirement from coaching, citing severe health issues related to his blood pressure

What about Mike Leach? 

2 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I doubt we almost double the coaching salary, but curious about your comment. Would you be against a $500k HC salary, and if so, why?

Long answer, I'd rather type on a computer than a phone.

If I don't answer tonight, then @ me tomorrow and I'll break down what (and more importantly, HOW) I think we ought to pay our next coach. 

4 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I doubt we almost double the coaching salary, but curious about your comment. Would you be against a $500k HC salary, and if so, why?

Benford $350k Cross $250k.. Last year fans said he would get a higher job and offer and he hasn't! If we can this is the man!

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Benford $350k Cross $250k.. Last year fans said he would get a higher job and offer and he hasn't! If we can this is the man!

Cross would not be a BAD choice, but my subconscious is screaming that he has never been anywhere else! Nine years as an asst., eleven years as HC (numbers approximate), ALL at UTA.  Cross is about 13 years younger than JJ. Why hasn't he taken another job by now?

JJ was an asst. at LSU under Dale Brown (12 years), then asst. and interim HC at Memphis (4 years), then HC with us (11 years), now HC at LSU (5th year). JJ has experienced basketball on a higher level than Cross and has an overall better winning percentage than Cross. When comparing those two, I would not be so quick to dismiss JJ.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Long answer, I'd rather type on a computer than a phone.

If I don't answer tonight, then @ me tomorrow and I'll break down what (and more importantly, HOW) I think we ought to pay our next coach. 

That's all you are lately. A big tease.Where is that coaching list you promised that you would get us?

13 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Cross has 3 years left on a contract that would have to be bought out.  Rumored $250k/yr current salary so up to $750k buyout.

Buy out clause is not dictated by years and salary left on a contract. You may have a point of us not wanting to pony up a buy out!