Save the Date-Cheer Scholarship BB Game-April 1st

KRAM1

DATE ... TIME ... PLACE CONFIRMED!

We have the UNT Volleyball Gym on April 1st from 1pm for set up...registration will being at 2pm...tip-off set for 3pm.

Player fee is $35....same as last year.  Landing page for fee payments, donations, etc. should be up soon.

Our after event gathering will take place at East Side Social Club after the game!

OK...get out your calendars...check your schedule and see if you can play this year.  We need players, sponsors, donors, volunteers, silent auction items.  If you or anyone you know wants to play, donate, help, etc. ... Just let me know.

It's SEVEN FOR SEVEN this year...year seven = Goal of $7000 for scholarships! We CAN do this...yep...we can...with your help.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Check out the player thread folks...we have had a few new sign-ups for players in the last couple of days.  Still lots of need for additional players, so jump on in...it is a fun game and the after party at East Side isn't bad either!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Players...PLAYERS...calling players...April 1st - 3pm tip-off - UNT Volleyball Gym.  Let us know after you check your personal schedules for April 1st.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, THOR said:

Link to pay yet? @KRAM1

Working on it.  With our move from athletics to student affairs we are having to move a tad slower this year...new folks...new procedures, but in the end it should be positive.  The "landing page" is being developed now.  Hopefully, up soon.  Thanks for bringing this up as I needed to let folks know what's going on with the pay/donation site.  Appreciate it.

58 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yea can I getting you cash at one of the next two home games?

Yes...you definitely can...no problem at all.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Just got the word...Rob McKinney is "in" for the game again this year!  Thank you, Rob!  Welcome back! ?

OK...I know the risk, but just have to ask.  Is someone opposed to us playing this game and raising scholarship dollars for these student-athletes?  I can announce players, ask for players, thank people for their support and someone seems to dislike that I do.  Seems odd to me, but (and I ask in all sincerity) if someone has a beef with this event please PM me or call me or email me and let me know why.

If your beef is against me personally, why take it out on an event that raises scholarship dollars for some hard working student-athletes?

Let's figure this out...no hard feelings...get with me and we'll figure it out.  Thanks.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

On February 19, 2017 at 2:26 PM, THOR said:

Link to pay yet? @KRAM1

Now ready.....here you go: https://one.unt.edu/2017basketballclassic

See if that link doesn't do it for you.  I think you might like this...hope so...no more fees to GoFundMe and you should receive an official receipt for your donation/registration as well.  Progress....hopefully. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

• Harry pinned this topic
  • Harry unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Now ready.....here you go: https://one.unt.edu/2017basketballclassic

See if that link doesn't do it for you.  I think you might like this...hope so...no more fees to GoFundMe and you should receive an official receipt for your donation/registration as well.  Progress....hopefully. 

Will this count towards our giving towards the university?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Will this count towards our giving towards the university?

INDEED IT WILL SIR!  All one needs to do is to enter your information correctly....which I did not on my first attempt in trying to make a donation myself...and you will receive a "thank you" from the site and an email from UNT Advancement acknowledging your donation.

AND, every cent will go to the fund...no fees taken out like we dealt with when using PayPal or GoFundMe.  Took a bit to get this site going, so a bit late getting going, but it is live now...I can tell you that from experience.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

NOTE:  DEADLINE FOR PLAYER SIGN- IS SATURDAY MARCH 25th!!!!! 

Check your calendars folks and see if you can possibly join us as a player in our event this year!  We could definitely use a few more players, and I promise that you will have a fun time!  You can play as much or little as you wish as this game has free substitutions.  If you just cannot see yourself playing, PLEASE come and be part of our spectator crew.  In prior years our spectators had a great time as well...you will as well.  Plus, if you come you can check out all the great silent auction items we have...many UNT related items!  There is no cost to come watch and have some fun.

Remember...our after event gathering will be held art Eastside Social Club in Denton...one of our fantastic sponsors!  All are welcome to attend the after event gathering as well.

By the way folks...we have added our 4th sponsor for our event...BRYAN WADDLE owner of CROSS TIMBERS EQUIPMENT has agreed to sponsor our event AGAIN this year.  Bryan and Cross Timbers are long time multi-year sponsors.  Obviously, we very much appreciate Bryan's generosity and support for this event and for our great student-athletes who make up the UNT Cheer Team!  Thank you Bryan...thank you Cross Timbers Equipment!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

WE have a new player...JUSTIN ELSE is in!  The game is shaping up nicely, but we do need a couple of REFEREES and a couple of more players would be nice as well.  Don't want anyone "crashing and burning" on the court after doin that "weekend warrior" thing! 

Player registration link where one can donate, pay their playing fee, etc., etc.:  https://one.unt.edu/2017basketballclassic

GOING TO BE GREAT FUN AGAIN!  Even if you can't play, come on out and watch this game...maybe grad a concession item or two and bid on a silent auction item or two...then come join us at EAST SIDE SOCIAL CLUB ON OAK STREET just off the square in beautiful downtown Denton for the after event gathering. Hope to see you on April 1st for year seven of our Cheer Scholarship Basketball Classic.  Can't do it without you!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Folks...just found out that the Cheer Team will be unveiling their 2017 Daytona National Championship routine during half-time of our game!  Should be fun to see what they will perform in Daytona this year.  So, bring some folks with you and come watch these great student-athletes perform.  I do think you will be impressed by their athleticism and skill.

Here is the player sign-up and donations link for anyone interested in supporting this event and these student-athletes:

https://one.unt.edu/2017basketballclassic

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Why does Kram keep getting negative posts when he is doing something to promote UNT and help out UNT students??  If you have something against him give him -1's on those posts that you do not agree with.  If you are not a UNT fan and are just browsing our site handing out -1's YOU my friend NEED A HOBBY.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

6 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Why does Kram keep getting negative posts when he is doing something to promote UNT and help out UNT students??  If you have something against him give him -1's on those posts that you do not agree with.  If you are not a UNT fan and are just browsing our site handing out -1's YOU my friend NEED A HOBBY.

Thanks...appreciate it.  Amazes me as well, but.......

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

12 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Still need a couple of referees....anyone interested in a fun refereeing gig?

You should get Benford do to it!

Side not get some good ones who call offensive fouls. Rico can't hoop to save his life so he just barrels in there out of control pushing off. So many offensive fouls. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Side not get some good ones who call offensive fouls. Rico can't hoop to save his life so he just barrels in there out of control pushing off. So many offensive fouls. 

A.   hahahahha.....funny stuff

B.  hahhaha...seriously funny stuff that he sucks

4.  this is pickup basketball with rolling, hockey style changes...it doesn't need to be called strict...we're there having fun...if you can't handle not getting every call, maybe you shouldn't play and are far too good to be playing with us scrubs

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1