Mac Attack

Wag Tag

We have the school, location, facilities and coaching what is going on with recruiting?

MAC'S MESS of a legacy

SCHOLARSHIPS ... limited...per 247(as a baseline)

2014    24 commits, 5-3 stars, 20% of class

2015    22 commits, 8-3 stars, 33% of class

2016    22 commits, 5-3 stars, 22% of class

2017    18 commits, 5-3 stars, 27% of class... 

Texas State 2017, 24 commits or 25% larger than UNT

UTSA 2017, 26 commits or 31% larger

The scholarship mess is not only a huge hindrance, but it also effects strategy. As Seth stated they had planned to only take one RB this class.Then Tre popped up.

Would like to see how this class would of been rated with the full 25 commits with additional 2-3 stars, and 5-2 stars ( this is based off the 27%) @BillySee58

RELATIONSHIPS...With local schools almost non existent

This is going to take time and effort. I believe the 2018 offers are more publicity and marketing than anything else, and that is great. A kid gets his first offer and he tweets it, puts it on Facebook and talks about it with others as does his family and friends. This will make 1000's aware of UNT. The 5 offers we made to the Florida school was probably the talk of the school! Zeke had 100,000 twitter followers in high school! Give kids content for their Social Media and they will spread it!

SPLASH

We can continue to work hard and develop HS relationships, but I would like to see a JUMP START! 

INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY, most schools we compete with don't have one. Not the total answer, but a big time help.

This staff is dealing with a lot of inherited issues that will make it tougher to get to the promise land.

One thing I really admire about the coaching staff is NO EXCUSES! GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Mac started in a hole, too, largely because of the JUCO heavy last-gasp effort to save Dodge in a make or break year. 

It wasn't nearly as juco-heavy as SL's last class.  And I don't think the class that gave him Zach Orr, Brelan Chancellor, Brandin Byrd, Mason Y'Barbo, Antonio Johnson, Jamize Olawale, Blake Dunham, Aaron Bellazin, Zach Olen, Will Wright, and Richard Abbe put Coach Mac in any kind of hole.  No other class contributed more towards Coach Mac's HOD victory than that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

It wasn't nearly as juco-heavy as SL's last class.  And I don't think the class that gave him Zach Orr, Brelan Chancellor, Brandin Byrd, Mason Y'Barbo, Antonio Johnson, Jamize Olawale, Blake Dunham, Aaron Bellazin, Zach Olen, Will Wright, and Richard Abbe put Coach Mac in any kind of hole.  No other class contributed more towards Coach Mac's HOD victory than that one.

Scholarship hole, I mean. 25 Max per year, and every time we go heavy on JUCOs with 2 or 3 years instead of 4 or 5, it makes it harder to climb out. 

We heard the same thing about being under the scholarship limit from Mac that we hear now. And JUCOs or blue shirts that eat at future ships to patch the present are still a problem.