'17 WR/CB Justin Cain (Woodrow Wilson HS)

4 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

http://247sports.com/player/justin-cain-82614

https://www.twitter.com/coach_LDMC/status/826877543315828736

welp unless McGeehee is moved to PWO/BS then here is scholly #20. Welcome to the family Justin #GMG

This "signing" doesn't mean anything.    The LOI is a very specific document.   If that's not the document signed, it doesn't mean anything.   Cain is not showing up on the list of LOIs received via MeanGreenSports, so I doubt this is a 2017 scholarship.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

This "signing" doesn't mean anything.    The LOI is a very specific document.   If that's not the document signed, it doesn't mean anything.   Cain is not showing up on the list of LOIs received via MeanGreenSports, so I doubt this is a 2017 scholarship.

Maybe it's a PWO/BS? Not really sure maybe Vito can get us some more details.

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

not the right 247 profile fyi

Nice catch, i couldn't find a 247 for him so I replaced it with his Hudl.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/justin-cain/ewCUrorvEeS-8KA2nzwbTA/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Receiving

Year Grade Team GP Rec Yds Avg Y/G Lng TD
Varsity Totals     21 113 1781 15.8 84.8 86 27
16-17 Senior Varsity 12 64 1030 16.1 85.8 86 17
15-16 Junior Varsity 9 49 751 15.3 83.4 60 10

HOLY

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/page/instantawesome-InsanePuntReturn-160830/this-high-schooler-fumbled-punt-scored

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Aldo said:

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/justin-cain/ewCUrorvEeS-8KA2nzwbTA/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Receiving

Year Grade Team GP Rec Yds Avg Y/G Lng TD
Varsity Totals     21 113 1781 15.8 84.8 86 27
16-17 Senior Varsity 12 64 1030 16.1 85.8 86 17
15-16 Junior Varsity 9 49 751 15.3 83.4 60 10

HOLY

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/page/instantawesome-InsanePuntReturn-160830/this-high-schooler-fumbled-punt-scored

He must have broken like 5 or 6 tackles there at least.

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

Pagin Dr. @Cooley.  Have you seen this guy play?  Thoughts?

I did on film anyway, and he's electric.  Me Likey. Semi TCU model, get dudes who can "Fly" regardless of size and find a spot on the football field for them. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

I did on film anyway, and he's electric.  Me Likey. Semi TCU model, get dudes who can "Fly" regardless of size and find a spot on the football field for them. 

Yeah, I'm curious how much film the naysayers of this class have genuinely watched. I'm not a certified expert or anything, but instead of height/weight requirements all of our targets show up in a big way on film. Each of them have things to improve on of course, but they are guys who play when the lights come on.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Caw Caw said:

Yeah, I'm curious how much film the naysayers of this class have genuinely watched. I'm not a certified expert or anything, but instead of height/weight requirements all of our targets show up in a big way on film. Each of them have things to improve on of course, but they are guys who play when the lights come on.

I don't think highlight films are very meaningful, unless a player can't muster together a few minutes of good plays.   Coaches evaluate the uncut game footage with good and bad plays and also evaluate the level of competition they are playing against.  This is the number one criteria coaches use, even if they watch a game in person; as Littrell states the tapes tell the tale.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I don't think highlight films are very meaningful, unless a player can't muster together a few minutes of good plays.   Coaches evaluate the uncut game footage with good and bad plays and also evaluate the level of competition they are playing against.  This is the number one criteria coaches use, even if they watch a game in person; as Littrell states the tapes tell the tale.   

Most of the kids have 6-8 minutes of highlight film minimum, plus individual game highlights. Obviously it's not the same as seeing every paly but it's a better gauge than some random opinion, no?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Caw Caw said:

Most of the kids have 6-8 minutes of highlight film minimum, plus individual game highlights. Obviously it's not the same as seeing every paly but it's a better gauge than some random opinion, no?

Unless those "random opinions" are the cumulative evaluations of all FBS coaches + more tape.

I always like the tape we get on kids. But I'm not a professional coach. The guys who extend the scholarships are. When the guys we offer, depite their tape and production, don't get a lot of scholarship offers from those FBS coaches, that says a lot more than an 8 minute highlight reel. And it says a LOT more than a non-professional's opinion on a message board, just because they think they're the only ones who see what they see in a highlight reel.

Our 1-11 team had a highlight reel.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Monkeypox said:

Unless those "random opinions" are the cumulative evaluations of all FBS coaches + more tape.

I always like the tape we get on kids. But I'm not a professional coach. The guys who extend the scholarships are. When the guys we offer, depite their tape and production, don't get a lot of scholarship offers from those FBS coaches, that says a lot more than an 8 minute highlight reel. And it says a LOT more than a non-professional's opinion on a message board, just because they think they're the only ones who see what they see in a highlight reel.

Our 1-11 team had a highlight reel.

I should go back and watch the films i can find, make a comparison.

9 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

I am learning more and more but I'm hearing anything more than 2:30-4 minutes and coaches shut it off and watch game tape