247 Final 2017 C-USA Recruiting Rankings

Harry

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

This sounds like some Fake News!

I guess you did the math wrong!

Oh, I didn't know we were doing math, because I didn't see any.

116h in the nation. 12th in CUSA. That's where we are right now.

Even adding enough to put us up to 8th or 9th still makes this a par class for us, ranking somewhere in the 100 range. That's still bad.

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

questioning mine but yet none from you?! This is crazy! Very much like the Press!

I'm not the one trying to make up my own system. I can just stick with 247's 116th and 12th in CUSA.

Until I'm shown otherwise, that's where we are. And to adjust those rankings accurately, you have to do it for everyone in FBS.

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

I'm not the one trying to make up my own system. I can just stick with 247's 116th and 12th in CUSA.

Until I'm shown otherwise, that's where we are. And to adjust those rankings accurately, you have to do it for everyone in FBS.

once again I only did within C-USA with players that would have been blue-shirts from last years commit list that would be considered BS which would count towards the 2017 class! But 7th or 8th with 2 players that count as 0s is darn good considering its 1 year since a D2 blew us out! Also it puts us only a few points aways from being in the top 5! you can disagree but its only being done for cusa!

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

once again I only did within C-USA with players that would have been blue-shirts from last years commit list that would be considered BS which would count towards the 2017 class! But 7th or 8th with 2 players that count as 0s is darn good considering its 1 year since a D2 blew us out! Also it puts us only a few points aways from being in the top 5! you can disagree but its only being done for cusa!

I don't see any math, player names, or numbers to verify that. And 7th or 8th would still put us where we usually are. It's bad. And that's with your questionable favorable math.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Monkeypox said:

I don't see any math, player names, or numbers to verify that. And 7th or 8th would still put us where we usually are. It's bad. And that's with your questionable favorable math.

Keep doubtin the math but Jenkins and Hoston alone were worth nearly an additional 20 points to the class and would be considered our 2nd and 3rd best recruits to this class.. and again you don't gotta believe it! but its a top 8 class with those guys and could be higher!

Guess you will just have to agree to disagree on this!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Keep doubtin the math but Jenkins and Hoston alone were worth nearly an additional 20 points to the class and would be considered our 2nd and 3rd best recruits to this class.. and again you don't gotta believe it! but its a top 8 class with those guys and could be higher!

There's no math to doubt. Just a guy on a message board. 116th in the nation. 12th in CUSA. That's the math that actually exists.

You should also note that Jenkins and Hoston WERE counted on last year's recruiting class (our 9th ranked one). So are you removing them from there to do so?

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

There's no math to doubt. Just a guy on a message board. 116th in the nation. 12th in CUSA. That's the math that actually exists.

You should also note that Jenkins and Hoston WERE counted on last year's recruiting class (our 9th ranked one). So are you removing them from there to do so?

I didn't do the math for last years, but with me counting them towards the 2017 class since that is when their scholarships counted, then yes they would be removed from the 2016 list.

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I didn't do the math for last years, but with me counting them towards the 2017 class since that is when their scholarships counted, then yes they would be removed from the 2016 list.

So did you take the 4-star QB recruit off Marshall's last year and add him onto this year's since you did that to Hoston for ours?

I see this class as being basically the same (ratings-wise) as we've seen since rejoining Div IA football in 1995... some interesting players, and some that we hope will develop into interesting players.  So... basically neither a disaster nor a home run.  I see the bottom-half of the CUSA recruiting rankings as about the same... good but not great.

My hope is that, behind closed doors, SL sees where we're deficient in recruiting and makes the changes that need to be made for a fantastic 2018 class.  It's his organization now - he needs to make adjustments as needed.  

Recruiting is 90% salesmanship - some people are just really good at it, and others not so much.  I get to talk with quite a few varsity players in the Kaufman County area, and most have no idea (nor do they really care) about the history of a school, records over the last 5 years, etc.  They are 18-yr old kids that are very impressionable, and a good salesman makes all the difference.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Lets all not forget that we have one of the best "recruiters" around over in the Super Pit.  Hows the basketball team doing this year on the court?  but don't worry they won many recruiting battles over the past several years.  

UTSA kicked our ass this year on paper and that has me concerned, but lets see how many were reaches academically and socially.  Remember, it is just february, there is still a lot of time to go before these kids get to campus and then stay all 4 years.  Also, as i saw mentioned earlier, taking chances on kids that might be higher ranked but have a chance of not showing up in August is really a luxuray this staff can't afford right now due to our limited number of scholly players in the program.

Therefore, it does seem as though (listening to Littrell) that they took kids they are very confident would show up in August and stay with the program.  Once they get the overall numbers up then maybe they can start going for the bigger fish, but sometimes its 2am in the bar, you haven't been laid in over a year, and you have to give up on the smoking hot blonde for the cute homey girl that you know you can take home.  Now, after a few weeks of the homey girls you arn't as desperate for action, you start taking more chances with the super model type girls.

Some of us just close with the model. 

There are a lot of good reasons for why North Texas can't recruit as well as Alabama.  There are no good reasons as to why we can't recruit as well as FAU, UTSA, and FIU.

When  we are getting blown out by those schools in recruiting, it's inexcusable.

The Wren™ should know fans find this inexcusable.  He should put pressure on SL and the coaching staff to make it better.  SL needs to find the problems and fix them.  If some of those problems are resource shortages, The Wren™ needs to find out how to fulfill that need.  

This is where you, the fan, comes in.

We don't need to flood recruits with tweets, that's a violation.  Falling on the ground and banging our hands and feet on the ground and crying that we want better (in person, or on the internet) isn't good enough.  If we really want to recruit better we need to help provide those resources.

I have heard some people talk about not buying tickets or giving to the MGC because they are so unhappy with this class.  That is counter productive.  When the last AD was here, I could see why people would be so fed up with him that they would go to that nuclear option to demand change.  I was one of those myself.

However, this is a new AD.  He needs to be held accountable, but it's not time to try and resource starve the program because he needs to go.  Give him the resources he needs, and then hold him accountable.

Of course, this is also something the AD needs to spearhead.  If he needs $X to increase travel, or hire a social media expert, or a graphics guy etc., then reaching out to the small/medium donors should be part of the plan.  I think a lot of people would pitch in $20 or $50 for some goal.  That adds up.

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

There are a lot of good reasons for why North Texas can't recruit as well as Alabama.  There are no good reasons as to why we can't recruit as well as FAU, UTSA, and FIU.

When  we are getting blown out by those schools in recruiting, it's inexcusable.

The Wren™ should know fans find this inexcusable.  He should put pressure on SL and the coaching staff to make it better.  SL needs to find the problems and fix them.  If some of those problems are resource shortages, The Wren™ needs to find out how to fulfill that need.  

This is where you, the fan, comes in.

We don't need to flood recruits with tweets, that's a violation.  Falling on the ground and banging our hands and feet on the ground and crying that we want better (in person, or on the internet) isn't good enough.  If we really want to recruit better we need to help provide those resources.

I have heard some people talk about not buying tickets or giving to the MGC because they are so unhappy with this class.  That is counter productive.  When the last AD was here, I could see why people would be so fed up with him that they would go to that nuclear option to demand change.  I was one of those myself.

However, this is a new AD.  He needs to be held accountable, but it's not time to try and resource starve the program because he needs to go.  Give him the resources he needs, and then hold him accountable.

Of course, this is also something the AD needs to spearhead.  If he needs $X to increase travel, or hire a social media expert, or a graphics guy etc., then reaching out to the small/medium donors should be part of the plan.  I think a lot of people would pitch in $20 or $50 for some goal.  That adds up.

+1

nt3Botu.gif

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:57 PM, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

This has been said about past recruiting classes to and yet the talent separation is huge. Even with our improving this last season, we were still being blown out by teams who consistently recruit better than us. 

We were blown out by Portland State.  It wasn't because they recruited more 3-star players.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3