Official UNT 2017 FB Recruiting Class LOI's

Harry

• Harry featured this topic
4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Not now.  This is the 2017 class.
Blueshirts will count towards the 2018 class when they sign the day after fall semester begins.

Wouldn't schools still let the kids go through the formality with there friends of signing some piece of paper so that they get the experience? Does it matter how we, as an institution post about them on Social Media if they weren't official. Note that weatherspoon posted his himself. It didn't come through the official twitter. So still 18.

Edited by Caw Caw

2 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Wouldn't schools still let the kids go through the formality with there friends of signing some piece of paper so that they get the experience? Does it matter how we, as an institution post about them on Social Media if they weren't official. Note that weatherspoon posted his himself. It didn't come through the official twitter. So still 18.

This absolutely matters.   You, as an institution, cannot comment on a player publicly until he signs... which Blueshirt guys have not.

1 minute ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

so blue shirts will not count for the grade on this recruiting class?  Then I don't see how the ranking/score/grade could be valid

The blue shirt guys will have to be taken into account during their actual class they're signing in: 2018.

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

This absolutely matters.   You, as an institution, cannot comment on a player publicly until he signs... which Blueshirt guys have not.

I've been told by a super super good source that he is a BS. And he probably asked for his edit so he could post it and take part of the festivities. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Caw Caw said:

I've been told by a super super good source that he is a BS. And he probably asked for his edit so he could post it and take part of the festivities. 

Are you talking about Weatherspoon?    If so, and he's a blueshirt, he can do whatever he wants right now... except sign a 2017 LOI or be mentioned by UNT with this class.  He could throw a huge celebratory party at his school and sign some kind of paper (not a 2017 LOI, and not a 2018 LOI because those aren't available yet) if he wants to.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Are you talking about Weatherspoon?    If so, and he's a blueshirt, he can do whatever he wants right now... except sign a 2017 LOI or be mentioned by UNT with this class.  He could throw a huge celebratory party at his school and sign some kind of paper (not a 2017 LOI, and not a 2018 LOI because those aren't available yet) if he wants to.

Yes. And exactly my point. @Harry counted 19 (and he's punterless). But one of those things is not like the other... As I mentioned before.

So...could we sort of...kinda...throw Blake English in with these guys as we might finally see him next season? I know, I know...not official...but still a new player to bolster this team next season.

Edit: Ha! Ha!  Sorry...that would be Bryce English.  My bad...but can we? Sort of? 

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

so blue shirts will not count for the grade on this recruiting class?  Then I don't see how the ranking/score/grade could be valid

I was thinking the same thing.  It seems like last year's blue shirts (since they count against 2017 scholarship totals) would have to be included in this class from a class ranking perspective.   If you don't include blue shirt players in their normal academic year class and you don't include them in their scholarship year class either, then you have this perpetual set of invisible recruits that never get factored in by the ranking services. 

I can't keep track of all the different shirts.  Is there a list of blue shirts from this year and last year? 

• Upvote 2

UNT is the only FBS school I've heard of that "blue shirts" recruits.  Do they have to pay for the first day of school themselves since they sign on Day 2?  Being factitious. Seriously, I presume the blue shirts aren't as highly rated as the regular signees but are better than what you think you'd get otherwise.  You are in a tight spot numbers-wise if you're always carrying forward guys into the next class.  

At least it's mostly a class of freshmen that the staff likes.  Not a bunch of one year transfers and JUCOs.  

• Downvote 3

38 minutes ago, redallover said:

UNT is the only FBS school I've heard of that "blue shirts" recruits.  Do they have to pay for the first day of school themselves since they sign on Day 2?  Being factitious. Seriously, I presume the blue shirts aren't as highly rated as the regular signees but are better than what you think you'd get otherwise.  You are in a tight spot numbers-wise if you're always carrying forward guys into the next class.  

At least it's mostly a class of freshmen that the staff likes.  Not a bunch of one year transfers and JUCOs.  

Ever heard of Auburn? Alabama?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/01/what_is_a_blueshirt_alabama_sc.html

40 minutes ago, redallover said:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1