Sigh... Charlotte 01/26/17

UNT90

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

I thought I've been clear on this, but I guess not.

Fire Tony Benford immediately!

It should have been done years ago. WB couldn't help that, but he could have made the right call when he was hired or anytime since then. Instead we get 'new boss, same as the old boss'.

He also seems to have a decent grip on what's going on. 

Differing opinions, but I see Baker as making the statement to evaluate this year which he is doing.  I'm grasping at understanding the benefit of firing him right now as opposed to about a month from now and don't see any benefit to that.  Just differing views, but I don't think that makes Baker RV Jr.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Differing opinions, but I see Baker as making the statement to evaluate this year which he is doing.  I'm grasping at understanding the benefit of firing him right now as opposed to about a month from now and don't see any benefit to that.  Just differing views, but I don't think that makes Baker RV Jr.

I think that costs this basketball program fans and future recruits. 

If you wanna be the worst team in DFW the next 4 years, let this play out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I am interested in if you were in favor of firing McCarney or Dodge mid season? If not, then I understand your views.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I think that costs this basketball program fans and future recruits. 

If you wanna be the worst team in DFW the next 4 years, let this play out. 

Absurd. I'm in the fire Benford immediately camp but if WB hires a good coach, this thing can be turned around quickly. Whatever damage has be done (and I'm in agreement it has be significant) won't get much worse if TB is fired at the end of the year. You can't recruit or win fans back without knowing who the new coach is. Only the die hards are paying any attention at this point. 

I'm just disgusted he continues to represent the program. I say fire him yesterday but regardless, the right hire can fix this. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NT1978 said:

I am interested in if you were in favor of firing McCarney or Dodge mid season? If not, then I understand your views.

Totally different situations in that RV was not new to the position and in a process of evaluating the department, but to clarify my thoughts on those:

McCarney: lost the team and had some other issues going on.  Had to go at that time, plus there was a member of his staff, Chico, that was a willing and good interim.

Dodge: I don't think it made that big of a difference in the grand scheme of things, but again, with Chico, their was an interim available that wasn't tied to Dodge's coaching tenure.

3 hours ago, meanrob said:

Absurd. I'm in the fire Benford immediately camp but if WB hires a good coach, this thing can be turned around quickly. Whatever damage has be done (and I'm in agreement it has be significant) won't get much worse if TB is fired at the end of the year. You can't recruit or win fans back without knowing who the new coach is. Only the die hards are paying any attention at this point. 

I'm just disgusted he continues to represent the program. I say fire him yesterday but regardless, the right hire can fix this. 

Turning it around to the pint of passing TCU, SMU, and UTA? I don't think so. Not even close.

As an opposing coach, I would LOVE to talk about this situation in a recruiting battle.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1