Crunch Time

BillySee58

1 minute ago, Caw Caw said:

Thanks for the heads up on where we're at going into this. Your evaluation system has always been my favorite.

Thank you very much. It definitely has its flaws, such as kids having varied situations of exposure, but I personally trust the opinions of coaches whose jobs are on the line when it comes to which kids to offer, recruit, and sign, over guys who spend an infinitesimal amount of their time looking at our guys and spend the vast majority on recruits who the P5s are battling for.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Thank you very much. It definitely has its flaws, such as kids having varied situations of exposure, but I personally trust the opinions of coaches whose jobs are on the line when it comes to which kids to offer, recruit, and sign, over guys who spend an infinitesimal amount of their time looking at our guys and spend the vast majority on recruits who the P5s are battling for.

Agreed. And those coaches get to evaluate film we don't see. Whole games worth. We just get what coaches want seen. It will be interesting to see if there's any tricks left up the staff's sleeves as far as our recruiting goes. Guyton was a big surprise, i'm hoping there are one or two more of those left in the pipeline. I think the severely delayed Baylor Class and Houston changes had a big impact this year. While recruiting was part of the problem in with the past regimes, I think development was an entirely different and unaddressed one. You look at QB talent we had, Dajon, DeMarcus for example who flashed having a full toolbox at times, but the staff never got them where they needed to be. I'm hoping the staff is making some system and development based choices. A big hope for me is to see a lot of redshirts every class to give these guys, under recruited as the some of them may be, the best chance to succeed.

8 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'm just hoping for McNeal, the WR from Tulsa, and the LB from Northwest as the core 3 we land late... Don't burst my bubble! Fingers crossed and praying for this!

Also, I'd take adding the K/P as well that we offered to from FL

Agreed that closing with McNeal, Jackson, and McDonald would be extremely strong. 

@BillySee58 nice overview! Where would signing the 3 listed above (plus two of Terrell Cooper, Trey Siggers, Tavares Thomas, Kyre Richardson, Deion Novil) put us?

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Houston is the worst one i have seen all year. Just check out Davian Fords twitter account

To be honest, recruits love this kind of thing and it obviously makes an impact. While i'm sure compliance doesn't want to face this problem there needs to be some new, social media updated guidelines.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

I thought the NCAA hasn't banned twitter (or other electronic) interaction between recruits and boosters unless it is used for banned conduct of course.

Well...

As a booster, you may not:

• Contact a prospect by telephone, email, Internet or letter.

If you are a booster, and they are a recruit, you are not supposed to talk to them.  Period.  Sure as hell can't say "I hope you come to my school."

Doing it on the internet is no different than doing it in person.  The difference being that doing it on the internet leaves a trace behind...

Here is what you are allowed to do, it's a short list:

What are examples of permissible activities?

• Notify university coaching staff members about noteworthy prospects in the area.
  • Attend high school or two-year college athletic contests or other events where prospects may compete, provided no contact occurs.
  • Continue existing friendships.

28 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Quick Question for anyone... but on the 24/7 page it still has Evan Johnson as not rated... any idea why? I'm assuming that this is bringing down our average since he counts but would go in as a 0 since 24/7 doesn't have him rated? 

6,756 is the population of Loranger, La.

Loranger (pronounced Lo-RAHN-jer) is an unincorporated community in Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana, U.S.. It is the location of one property listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the parish: the Loranger High School Auditorium.

It is the location of Loranger Elementary School, Loranger Middle School, and Loranger High School. Each school serves a wide geographic range of families living in and around the very rural Loranger area. The Loranger School District is bordered by the school districts of Folsom, Amite, Independence, and Hammond.

The community has two grocery stores, Loranger Supermarket and Piggly Wiggly, a Dollar General, a donut shop, a tanning salon, a beauty shop, many different houses of worship, a popular snowball stand, and a restaurant called Chris's (formerly Tallo's).

Each October, people from all over the U.S. travel to Loranger for a two-day event, Old Farmers Day, held on the Brunett family's farm. The event portrays the way our forefathers lived, worked, and enjoyed rural life. Life in Loranger revolves around sports (mainly football), the annual Mud Bogg held during the summer months, and other activities popular in this region, such as hunting and fishing.

Former U.S. Representative James H. Morrison, a native of Hammond who held Louisiana's 6th congressional district seat from 1943 to 1967, spent his later years in Loranger

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

6,756 is the population of Loranger, La.

Loranger (pronounced Lo-RAHN-jer) is an unincorporated community in Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana, U.S.. It is the location of one property listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the parish: the Loranger High School Auditorium.

It is the location of Loranger Elementary School, Loranger Middle School, and Loranger High School. Each school serves a wide geographic range of families living in and around the very rural Loranger area. The Loranger School District is bordered by the school districts of Folsom, Amite, Independence, and Hammond.

The community has two grocery stores, Loranger Supermarket and Piggly Wiggly, a Dollar General, a donut shop, a tanning salon, a beauty shop, many different houses of worship, a popular snowball stand, and a restaurant called Chris's (formerly Tallo's).

Each October, people from all over the U.S. travel to Loranger for a two-day event, Old Farmers Day, held on the Brunett family's farm. The event portrays the way our forefathers lived, worked, and enjoyed rural life. Life in Loranger revolves around sports (mainly football), the annual Mud Bogg held during the summer months, and other activities popular in this region, such as hunting and fishing.

Former U.S. Representative James H. Morrison, a native of Hammond who held Louisiana's 6th congressional district seat from 1943 to 1967, spent his later years in Loranger

Not sure how this helps but i'm guessing your trying to say that he is in a small town so he doesn't have much film? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Not sure how this helps but i'm guessing your trying to say that he is in a small town so he doesn't have much film? 

Small town. He does have film. I'm guessing none of the recruiting services have given it a watch and given him a ranking and none of them have been to that small town to watch him play or the teams he plays against. It's the digital age, it would only take time, but because our recruiting web pages aren't really subscribed to, largely in part to our great efforts here on the forums, ranking solo offer kids for UNT, outside of the area, is not a priority. Until we give them a reason to financially, it will stay that way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Small town. He does have film. I'm guessing none of the recruiting services have given it a watch and given him a ranking and none of them have been to that small town to watch him play or the teams he plays against. It's the digital age, it would only take time, but because our recruiting web pages aren't really subscribed to, largely in part to our great efforts here on the forums, ranking solo offer kids for UNT, outside of the area, is not a priority. Until we give them a reason to financially, it will stay that way.

You do a great job of paying attention, which is awesome

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

24/7 has already added the Verbal Commits from today, 1-24(Parish and Tibbs). It shows we are at 18 Verbal Commits, but that includes the the CB Roberts(who is blue-shirting he said.) So that would sit us at 17, do we have any other ideas if this is the correct count or do we have some more blue-shirts?

I'm only asking because it would then mean we have only 3 slots left in this class