La Tech (01/21/17)

UNT90

Guess I should be happy there was no way to watch the game.

I do have one big concern, on the post game show Benford said that it was a game time decision not to let Combs play.  Said that Combs had multiple ankle turns in the USM game.

Said it was not worth the chance of injury to play him today, than said he would be checked by a doctor on Monday.   Why in the hell, wasn't he checked out on Friday.  This is a guy that hasn't been ready to play all year, and I guess he still has hope that he is going to be a difference maker at some point this year. 

I frankly don't care anymore when Benford is fired, but I hope someone is looking into why NT has currently 5 injured players not counting Johnson, who also looks far from 100%. Baker should make sure that NT doesn't risk further player injury in a truly lost cause.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Shark84 said:

I'm surprised we are not a 23-25 point dog. I think it will be a lot worse. May have to give the 17 and bet the house on Tech.

Bingo!

10 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Guess I should be happy there was no way to watch the game.

I do have one big concern, on the post game show Benford said that it was a game time decision not to let Combs play.  Said that Combs had multiple ankle turns in the USM game.

Said it was not worth the chance of injury to play him today, than said he would be checked by a doctor on Monday.   Why in the hell, wasn't he checked out on Friday.  This is a guy that hasn't been ready to play all year, and I guess he still has hope that he is going to be a difference maker at some point this year. 

I frankly don't care anymore when Benford is fired, but I hope someone is looking into why NT has currently 5 injured players not counting Johnson, who also looks far from 100%. Baker should make sure that NT doesn't risk further player injury in a truly lost cause.  

Combs should be shut down for the rest of the year.

10 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

81-57 final. Somebody post the dumpster fire.

Make it the header for the basketball page.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

This is disgraceful. Forget the NCAA Tournament... Five years in and now we're struggling to contend for the conference tournament! All we have to do is be better than two teams in a 14-team conference.

Wren has four days to pull the plug before our next game. I say bombard him like hell on Twitter.

Why bombard him? If he needs us to tell him to pull the trigger on a terrible coach that he didn't even hire, that concerns me about inability to fire coaches he hires. I want him to show his competency regardless of fan recommendation.

• Upvote 2