Zach Orr is retiring

Mean_Green09

Grrrr.

Orr had already beaten the odds during his football career. He was a standout at powerhouseDe Soto High School in Texas, yet received few college offers and ended up at small-school North Texas.

Why do they continually say this crap? We are bigger than Texas Tech and WAY bigger than TCU or Baylor.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Grrrr.

Why do they continually say this crap? We are bigger than Texas Tech and WAY bigger than TCU or Baylor.

In general, when talking about NCAA football, if you're not a P5 school, you're "small".   Has nothing to do with the school's enrollment size.  They likely would have said the same thing if he went to UCF or FIU.

Great young man.  He is the type of person you point out to your kids and tell them, "There is a role model."  I hate this for Zach, but young men like him will be successful no matter what life hands them.  I wish him nothing but the best and am thankful he found out about this condition via a medical exam and not through an injury that could have negatively effected him for life.

If that 10th assistant spot comes open, we should hire Zach to coach our LB's.  Either way, find a spot for him at UNT yesterday.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ravens-orr-24-retires-over-spinal-issue-192449250--nfl.html

Just another write that I thought did well.

Zach is very talented, the man oozes inspiration. He could be an inspirational speaker to just about anything he wants. I would love to see him at UNT. 

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

In general, when talking about NCAA football, if you're not a P5 school, you're "small".   Has nothing to do with the school's enrollment size.  They likely would have said the same thing if he went to UCF or FIU.

So they would've referred to UH and Boise as small schools and TCU just became a big school 5 or 6 years ago?

Was SMU a big school the one year that the AAC was considered a BCS conference? And then dropped back to small status?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

So they would've referred to UH and Boise as small schools and TCU just became a big school 5 or 6 years ago?

Was SMU a big school the one year that the AAC was considered a BCS conference? And then dropped back to small status?

He said "In general" which pretty much excludes the exceptions you just mentioned.

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I find this twitter exchange encouraging.  

tDb5ieM.png

What is great is that WB was the 1st response Orr sent out after his announcement. Not sure if it was intended, but good to know that the new AD has had a great relationship with Orr. 

Also, I believe our High School Relations Coordinator is an older individual(I could be wrong) but would be great to have Orr come in and work with the staff. Having him meeting with the recruits, coordinating with them, and would love to see him even coach.  Also, not sure what to make of it as well but McNeal the WR we are recruiting tweeted out a congrats 

• Downvote 1