Southern Miss (1/19/17)

Andrew

Do we hold them under 100?

Brice is injured and Frazier won't play. The good news is Benford said they will be cutting Sunday and Monday practices as well as practices directly before games to get guys rested. The practice load is wearing down their bodies which he attributed to the injuries and our record.

The bad news is I suppose he showed up to coach... 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

For those of you that wish we have been done with Benford I strongly encourage you to avoid the complete BS spouted by him during radio pregame.

He's got the 'talk too fast because I know I'm lying out my butt' delivery. Some comedy (or infuriating) gold in there tonight.

He really talked up RVs alma mater   And said it would be a tough matchup. Every team is a tough team for Benford...

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Do we hold them under 100?

Brice is injured and Frazier won't play. The good news is Benford said they will be cutting Sunday and Monday practices as well as practices directly before games to get guys rested. The practice load is wearing down their bodies which he attributed to the injuries and our record.

The bad news is I suppose he showed up to coach... 

I thought he said the decreased practices were just for Deckie and Combs?

Edited by Army of Dad

19 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

I though he said the decreased practices were just for Deckie and Combs?

also- mods do y'all want to merge these threads?

He said Combs and Deckie would practice even less. At least that's what I gathered. It sounded like the only day they didn't practice was Friday. 5 contact practices and two games a week is pretty rough I think. 

• Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He said Combs and Deckie would practice even less. At least that's what I gathered. It sounded like the only day they didn't practice was Friday. 5 contact practices and two games a week is pretty rough I think. 

So, you're saying "The beatings will continue until the record improves" ??

31-20 USM at the half...

This is the best shot to avoid 0-10 in conference. 

Sigh...

I saw a report that a USM supporter  sitting right behind the USM bench had Jimmy Johns delivered after pointing at the scoreboard and giggling...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

La Tech may beat UNT by 40. There is a Portland St in this team's future.

Just now, shootermcgavin44 said:

I think you guys are being too harsh, just wait until all of Benford's guys are healthy.... then we will show them 

If only (insert any name in the roster here) wasn't such a cancer and didn't undermine Benford's authority, UNT would have won every conference game...

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

If we don't fire Benford after the game or soon thereafter I'm going to count that as my first time questioning Wren in his short time here.

Another road game at La Tech Saturday then the team is off for a week. 

If UNT gets blown out twice in these two games, it F'n better happen the moment Benford steps off the Bus in Denton.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Another road game at La Tech Saturday then the team is off for a week. 

If UNT gets blown out twice in these two games, it F'n better happen the moment Benford steps off the Bus in Denton.

When we get blown out by both is more like it. This game is over and LaTech will destroy us. I guess I can handle waiting until the weekend. I trust he'll be gone soon. Soon is relative though, more like 5 years too late. Sad. 

• Upvote 1