'17 WR Kyre Richardson (OK Union) [Verbal; SDSU]

B225

Nice video, good height, goes up for the ball. Obviously has either decent moves or speed to get behind the DBs. Perhaps my only question would be, why no Tulsa offer. Right in their backyard and even seems to have played in their stadium, so they surely have scouted him. They usually have a good eye for talent.

That being said, until I hear a reason otherwise, looks like a solid offer and we need the WRs.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

How does this kid not have any offers (Other than Nevada)? How does this kid not have any stars? Whats the "Catch" Here?

On twitter mentioned an official to San Diego State, so they're probably close to offering. Oklahoma isn't going to get nearly the same attention level as Texas. He won a state title in OK though. I think if he was a tad bit taller or a tad bit faster he would have waaaaay more offers. I love that he lays out for the ball and runs clean routes. He would be a good addition, stars and rankings aside. Another thing we're forgetting in this equation is that Litrell and Staff are red-shirting a fair bit to develop older, more college ready players in the future (Which is really important for where we're at).

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

On twitter mentioned an official to San Diego State, so they're probably close to offering. Oklahoma isn't going to get nearly the same attention level as Texas. He won a state title in OK though. I think if he was a tad bit taller or a tad bit faster he would have waaaaay more offers. I love that he lays out for the ball and runs clean routes. He would be a good addition, stars and rankings aside. Another thing we're forgetting in this equation is that Litrell and Staff are red-shirting a fair bit to develop older, more college ready players in the future (Which is really important for where we're at).

I would normally agree with this, but this guy went to Tulsa Union.  That is a nationally-known program that churns out D-1 talent all the time.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I would normally agree with this, but this guy went to Tulsa Union.  That is a nationally-known program that churns out D-1 talent all the time.

Yeah, I'd put their exposure on par with a top program from Austin (TX) area. Maybe not premier DFW or Houston caliber exposure, but very good exposure nonetheless.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Yeah, I'd put their exposure on par with a top program from Austin (TX) area. Maybe not premier DFW or Houston caliber exposure, but very good exposure nonetheless.

What about the talent that they face, or is Union the big kid on the block? 

Kyre's Twitter page says he is 6'4 and runs a 4.47 40... I can only image if this kid put on 20 30 lbs he would dominate.. Lets hope that WB and SL got the right training staff.

I see that Filani is recruiting him, so I'm guessing he would be an outside WR with Bradley being an inside WR? Also, I'm just excited about the possibly of Pearson, Rico, Wilson, Bradley, Griffin, and whoever joins in a year or 2... 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

What about the talent that they face, or is Union the big kid on the block? 

Kyre's Twitter page says he is 6'4 and runs a 4.47 40... I can only image if this kid put on 20 30 lbs he would dominate.. Lets hope that WB and SL got the right training staff.

I see that Filani is recruiting him, so I'm guessing he would be an outside WR with Bradley being an inside WR? Also, I'm just excited about the possibly of Pearson, Rico, Wilson, Bradley, Griffin, and whoever joins in a year or 2... 

But Seth and co cant recruit...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

33 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

But Seth and co cant recruit...

I agree(that they can recruit) and its old to say they can't recruit(they couldn't recruit till they got Johnson, Haynes even though they didn't make it they still signed them).. I'm not sure how many people here went to the HoD game, but Wilson and Rico were by far the best WRs that we had and those 2 weeks of bowl practices really paid off. But how I view the recruiting, yes it is a disappointment that they didn't get the kid from Griffins HS, and losing other recruits... But honestly I would take the kid from Tulsa over the FTW kid..

But this staff put together a solid class last year(in just a few months), and they have bringing in and finding kids none of us had any idea about. We can be worried and upset that we haven't beaten out the likes of Baylor and that like UTSA has, but how many of those kids have red-flags? Honestly, looking at Twitter Bradley is followed by Baylor, Tulane, just to name a few.. hanging onto him should be viewed higher than getting a kid from Ryan that has major red-flags... The staff brought in Guyton over huge/major programs.. SL and the staff is building this the right way.  Give it time and the recruits will come here!

But I think people give the staff crap for not being great recruiters because the kids they send in, the coaches pass over them/ don't fit the scheme. Also, everyone thinks bringing in a 5* or 4* recruit is simple, because of this or that at UNT, but every school does that. WB and SL I bet have had talks about how to improve the recruiting in terms of funding, gameday experience, etc. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

everyone thinks bringing in a 5* or 4* recruit is simple

I don't recall people saying that. I've seen more of a 'being rated 9 or 10 in conference isn't good recruiting'. I know I've said anything more than one 4 star would be incredible since this conference only sees maybe one 4 star on any given year.

• Upvote 5

isnt he supposed to be coming here this weekend? Hopefully we change his mind. 

Mom cant watch him every weekend in San Diego like she can in Denton. SDSU is rarely on nationally televised games. SDSU is a 21 hour drive or a $500 flight. Denton is 4 hours tops! Also, why would you go to a city that means "Whales Vagina"?

Image result for san diego anchorman gif

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, All About UNT said:

Not only that but San Diego State doesn't even have a home to play football in right now. Last I heard they were going to have to play inside of a soccer stadium

Are you sure? I thought they would play were the chargers would play? with the LA Chargers playing in a soccer stadium now in LA

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

isnt he supposed to be coming here this weekend? Hopefully we change his mind. 

Mom cant watch him every weekend in San Diego like she can in Denton. SDSU is rarely on nationally televised games. SDSU is a 21 hour drive or a $500 flight. Denton is 4 hours tops! Also, why would you go to a city that means "Whales Vagina"?

Image result for san diego anchorman gif

Maybe he was planning on majoring in Jazz Flute?  We should highlight our Jazz Studies program.

• Upvote 1