Rice 1/14/17

Harry

With 3 players with foul trouble and a couple out with injuries, Benford was forced to keep his rotation tight for about the last 8 minutes of first half.  Some of the best ball, NT has played all year.  

Sadly, he was right back to his usual substitution pattern in the second.  Horrible free throw shooting and all dislipline abandoned in the second.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

So it's acceptable for Rice to score 100 on us just because they have done it before?

Both 

Never said it was ok. Just saying it wasn't the first time Rice has dropped 100 on someone.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Never said it was ok. Just saying it wasn't the first time Rice has dropped 100 on someone.

So what are you saying? 

1 minute ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

So what are you saying? 

They scored 100 against some chumps, so scoring 100 against us is ___________________.

Edited by shootermcgavin44
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

So what are you saying? 

They scored 100 against some chumps, so scoring 100 against us is ___________________.

No different than the other 2 teams. We're a bad team hiding behind having beaten some bad teams. 0-7 to start conference is a real possibility before the team comes back to the SuperPit. In fact, this team could go winless for January.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

No different than the other 2 teams. We're a bad team hiding behind having beaten some bad teams. 0-7 to start conference is a real possibility before the team comes back to the SuperPit. In fact, this team could go winless for January.

0-10 is a probability. 

Baker needs to do something before the players just flat out quit.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

0-10 is a probability. 

Baker needs to do something before the players just flat out quit.

There is talent on this team, a coaching change could motivate them to somewhat salvage the season and make a run.

Even if Benford won out for the regular season, would we want to bring him back? NO!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

There is talent on this team, a coaching change could motivate them to somewhat salvage the season and make a run.

Even if Benford won out for the regular season, would we want to bring him back? NO!!!!!!

I doubt a coaching change does anything. If anything, I'd wager we only win at best a couple games against teams like FIU or Southern Miss when they come to the SuperPit.

Give the team a chance to make the tournament and once they are eliminated, then let Benford go.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

I doubt a coaching change does anything. If anything, I'd wager we only win at best a couple games against teams like FIU or Southern Miss when they come to the SuperPit.

Give the team a chance to make the tournament and once they are eliminated, then let Benford go.

And confirm to UNT fans that there is zero consequences for being the worst coach in UNT history?

They do this and I'll continue my once a year Superpit visits indefinitely. 

Show us you give a crap, UNT. Please!!!

For the record, I don't think Benford coaches another game at the Superpit.

Also, I bet this team plays much, much better after that huge albatross is lifted off their neck.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

And confirm to UNT fans that there is zero consequences for being the worst coach in UNT history?

They do this and I'll continue my once a year Superpit visits indefinitely. 

Show us you give a crap, UNT. Please!!!

For the record, I don't think Benford coaches another game at the Superpit.

Also, I bet this team plays much, much better after that huge albatross is life's off their neck.

Ding Ding Ding ^^^ this guy gets it

Why let Benford keep coaching? Whats the point? 

How could anyone view a change in the head coach as a negative thing? The players are going to give up worse than Portland St. if Benford is allowed to keep coaching. 

Edited by shootermcgavin44
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

The players are going to give up worse than Portland St. if Benford is allowed to keep coaching. 

This is exactly correct. We could start to see 30 and 40 point losses. Some on here will tell you it doesn't matter. They are wrong. 

Do something, Wren Baker. It is so way way way past time.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Ding Ding Ding ^^^ this guy gets it

Why let Benford keep coaching? Whats the point? 

How could anyone view a change in the head coach as a negative thing? The players are going to give up worse than Portland St. if Benford is allowed to keep coaching. 

After the road trip let him go!!!!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, THOR said:

I wouldn't let him go to usm....game isn't until Thursday. They will be back tonight...don't let him board the plane to usm

I hope this happens, but I think it'll take two more losses. 

Dont worry. Pretty sure Benford can't beat either USM or La. Tech on the road.

• Upvote 2