Zac Orr

817Fan

What an incredible representative of and ambassador for the program

Quite a bit to digest, but according to this attempt to build out a statistical representation of defensive players' values, Orr came in 10th in the NFL in +Expected Points Added...

(Robertson ranked #52)

Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 6

18 hours ago, jdennis82 said:

What an incredible representative of and ambassador for the program

I am proud to say that Orr, Robertson and Dunbar all fit this description.  Olawale may also fit this description, but I really don't know enough about him.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:18 AM, UNTLifer said:

I am proud to say that Orr, Robertson and Dunbar all fit this description.  Olawale may also fit this description, but I really don't know enough about him.

Unfortunately Olawale has all but disowned NT. Thank you prior coaching staff. Last MNF game during lineups I think he said his HS or CC not NT.

7 hours ago, MeanGreenBuzz said:

Unfortunately Olawale has all but disowned NT. Thank you prior coaching staff. Last MNF game during lineups I think he said his HS or CC not NT.

What did the prior staff do? Honestly, the staff needs to reach out and do something. Oakland is an up and coming team. 

11 hours ago, MeanGreenBuzz said:

I wouldn't read too much into that. It's a bit that some dudes do to say their high school. Just trying to be funny.

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/nfl/id/8525227

State your name and school.

That's the only guidance NFL players get before taping introductions for Sunday night games.

Most simply list their college, but some players get creative.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

I wouldn't read too much into that. It's a bit that some dudes do to say their high school. Just trying to be funny.

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/nfl/id/8525227

State your name and school.

That's the only guidance NFL players get before taping introductions for Sunday night games.

Most simply list their college, but some players get creative.

It seems to be a pretty consistent thing with Olawale.  To my knowledge, he really hasn't had a thing to do with UNT since his graduation (?), but I don't see it as a big deal.  He was only with the team two years, and he didn't see all that much PT.  If he wants to reconnect, I have no doubt he'd be welcomed with open arms.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MeanGreenBuzz said:

These things change all the time.  I wouldn't think that much of it.  All good tho...I don't think we should look at as he disowned us...a lot of people just tend to move on after college.  Doesn't mean he won't/can't ever come back either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1