Old Dominion (1/2/16)

Harry

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

UNT cuts it to within 6 at half.    UNT starting to defend better. 23-17.  Nice comeback to a terrible start.  Frazier hit two 3's.  Now let's hope they can turn it around in the 2nd half.

I have watched middle school girls games with more offensive firepower than we have.

Doesn't matter what Ernie wants, Benford is gone this year. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7:45 remaining.  ODU gets bonus.  Combs with 3 fouls.  36-34 ODU.  Derail Green with a sweet 3.  UNT can win this game!

Combs hits two free throws to make it 40-36 ODU.

4:41 remaining

Combs with 9 boards.

Green with his 3rd 3 pointer!!  40-39 ODU... one point game 3:45 left

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

7:45 remaining.  ODU gets bonus.  Combs with 3 fouls.  36-34 ODU.  Derail Green with a sweet 3.  UNT can win this game!

Combs hits two free throws to make it 40-36 ODU.

4:41 remaining

Combs with 9 boards.

Green with his 3rd 3 pointer!!  40-39 ODU... one point game 3:45 left

You've sucked me in.   I'm about to turn the radio on. 

• Upvote 2

46-39 ODY after a transition 3 and dunk by ODU.  Only 2:21 left.  This UNT breakdown may have been the straw.  6-0 run by ODU.  Need some quick scores to get back into this.

Reece the line to shoot 2.  Makes them both cuts it to 5 with about 2 minutes left. 46-41.

Frazier gets fouled shooting a 3.  Needs to hit them all!

Makes 2 of them.  47-43 with about a minute to go.

Well, that is 13 straight road loses.   

Glad, Benford got to play 11 players; no wonder there is little continuity on this team

It's a common refrain, but I thought ODU got more than share of favorable foul calls

I actually thought Brice had a good game, only one too long shot; got mugged several times and of course Benford would not let him play more than a couple of minutes at a time.

Combs looks a lot better than last game, but still has no offensive game

Team played good defense, a complete turnaround from the Charlotte game

The first half offense was about as bad as it could get, they did get hot at the end and got to double digits

Bad outings for Lawson and Woolridge, I believe the insane substitutions contributed

Did think the team played hard if not smart most of the time 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

I have watched middle school girls games with more offensive firepower than we have.

Doesn't matter what Ernie wants, Benford is gone this year. 

Where has it been stated that Ernie wants Benford?  Is so, why has an appointment with a Psychiatrist or Psychologist not been made for Ernie?