Charlotte (12/31/16)

Harry

14 hours ago, ADLER said:

" Charlotte went 14-of-20 from deep, while UNT went 3-for-19"

Wow. 

Ya.  That's ridiculous. Players can't take good shots, even if an open shot, if they are not in rhythm and/or playing out of control. They obviously do not understand what they are supposed to be doing on offense. My guess is that they spend 90% of there time working on the "defense" that Benford always talks about but never materializes. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Travis said:

Damn. Benfords Best Team - Episode 2 is looking a lot like Episode 1. 

Right? All we keep hearing is "the last team had problems and so and so was a cancer, but THIS team, this team is the one." 

And then it isn't. 

One common denominator. 

FIX THE PROBLEM!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Right? All we keep hearing is "the last team had problems and so and so was a cancer, but THIS team, this team is the one." 

And then it isn't. 

One common denominator. 

FIX THE PROBLEM!

The only people I've seen making the "team cancer" comment after the 2012-2013 season have been doing so in jest.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Travis said:

RV did. He did even on the GMG podcast I recall. 

Sure, RV would say that. But 90 said:

On 1/1/2017 at 10:38 AM, UNT90 said:

"All we keep hearing" implied, to me, actual people/posters/fans who don't work in the athletic department. Maybe I just misinterpreted, but it just doesn't look like 90 was referencing only RV.

Either way, my point was just that there aren't Benford supporters among the general fan base. People aren't sticking up for him. 90 fought that fight for a while, mainly with a couple posters, and it looks to me like he still is trying to even when there is no more opposition.

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

what was it about Harris?

After we dropped our third straight game in a tournament we hosted before thanksgiving, Harris was at the forefront of a scuffle in the tunnel and never played another minute for us.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

After we dropped our third straight game in a tournament we hosted before thanksgiving, Harris was at the forefront of a scuffle in the tunnel and never played another minute for us.

No idea what the scuffle was about but something happened at half-time and he never came out from the locker room to play the second half against Troy.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

No idea what the scuffle was about but something happened at half-time and he never came out from the locker room to play the second half against Troy.

Right. My apologies. I think the scuffle was the game before and then the next game was where Harris was done for good at halftime.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Sure, RV would say that. But 90 said:

"All we keep hearing" implied, to me, actual people/posters/fans who don't work in the athletic department. Maybe I just misinterpreted, but it just doesn't look like 90 was referencing only RV.

Either way, my point was just that there aren't Benford supporters among the general fan base. People aren't sticking up for him. 90 fought that fight for a while, mainly with a couple posters, and it looks to me like he still is trying to even when there is no more opposition.

RV and certain large donors. Way more important than the yahoos on a message board. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

RV and certain large donors. Way more important than the yahoos on a message board. 

The last time I heard any bigger donor make excuses for Benford like that was after the 2014-2015 season ended, and that was Fly. Maybe not being in the MGC is why I don't hear from specific donors, but when you say "all we keep hearing" by we I assumed you meant the average fan who follows the program. And RV has been gone for almost 8 months, so we don't hear from him anymore. Heard, past tense, for sure. But again, that may just be me reading your words too literally.

Let me put it this way, I've heard/seen you referencing these type of comments far more times than I have actually heard/seen them myself. Particularly in the past year. Semantics aside, I'll leave my point at that.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

The last time I heard any bigger donor make excuses for Benford like that was after the 2014-2015 season ended, and that was Fly. Maybe not being in the MGC is why I don't hear from specific donors, but when you say "all we keep hearing" by we I assumed you meant the average fan who follows the program. And RV has been gone for almost 8 months, so we don't hear from him anymore. Heard, past tense, for sure. But again, that may just be me reading your words too literally.

Let me put it this way, I've heard/seen you referencing these type of comments far more times than I have actually heard/seen them myself. Particularly in the past year.

Right, but your experiences aren't mine, and my experiences aren't confined to a message board for all to see. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

42 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Right, but your experiences aren't mine, and my experiences aren't confined to a message board for all to see. 

I think the point is that you could stand to clarify your statements a bit, if you want to be understood a little better. 

I certainly thought you meant the board, given the context (the board you were posting on) and your pronoun choice "we" so I figured that would rule out 'your' experiences and only include those that include 'us'. So the board. 

So perhaps you can clarify your post?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2