UNT Opponents Results

Fry Guy

I've shared these tables in various posts throughout the past, but I thought I might as well start a new thread to provide the updated results here. I first began working on these lists after noticing that the all-time opponents results list provided in the annual Facts and Records Book does not always accurately coincide with the season-by-season results from the same publication. After painstakingly compiling results for every single game in program history, I soon realized that many of the opponents for whom I had compiled results were hardly even relevant in the modern age of football. So, I decided instead to list game results for all opponents from three significant time periods in UNT football history, and then put them in order by total number of games played against each opponent. Please click on the links below to review the results.

UNT All-Time Results

UNT Results 1957-Present

UNT Results 1995-Present

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Fry Guy said:

I've shared these tables in various posts throughout the past, but I thought I might as well start a new thread to provide the updated results here. I first began working on these lists after noticing that the all-time opponents results list provided in the annual Facts and Records Book does not always accurately coincide with the season-by-season results from the same publication. After painstakingly compiling results for every single game in program history, I soon realized that many of the opponents for whom I had compiled results were hardly even relevant in the modern age of football. So, I decided instead to list game results for all opponents from three significant time periods in UNT football history, and then put them in order by total number of games played against each opponent. Please click on the links below to review the results.

UNT All-Time Results

UNT Results 1957-Present

UNT Results 1995-Present

This is outstanding information.  I really appreciate your work on this and sharing it here with the fans.

6 hours ago, Fry Guy said:

UNT All-Time Results

UNT Results 1957-Present

UNT Results 1995-Present

Great info Fry Guy!

Man, we have owned Dallas Baptist  :-)

OPPONENT GAMES W L T LAST MEETING SCORE

Dallas Baptist 11        11 0 0          1929           97-0

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ForneyGreen said:

Great info Fry Guy!

Man, we have owned Dallas Baptist  :-)

OPPONENT GAMES W L T LAST MEETING SCORE

Dallas Baptist 11        11 0 0          1929           97-0

When we played them in football they were Decatur Baptist.

History[edit]

Decatur Baptist College, the forerunner of Dallas Baptist University, opened its doors in 1898 as the first two-year institution of higher education in Texas. The Baptist General Convention of Texas purchased the land in 1897 from Northwest Texas Baptist College. The school enjoyed a rich, full history in Decatur until 1965 when it moved to Dallas, at the invitation of the Dallas Baptist Association.[2]

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

When we played them in football they were Decatur Baptist.

Great point, @SilverEagle! In an attempt to make things a little less confusing, I intentionally avoided the use of historic identifiers and only listed opponents under their current name. So, you won't see names like East Texas State or Texas Western on the list. Instead, you'll see Texas A&M-Commerce and Texas-El Paso. Thanks for bringing that up!

Edited by Fry Guy
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Fry Guy said:

Great point, @SilverEagle! In an attempt to make things a little less confusing, I intentionally avoided the use of historic identifiers and only listed opponents under their current name. So, you won't see names like East Texas State or Texas Western on the list. Instead, you'll see Texas A&M-Commerce and Texas-El Paso. Thanks for bringing that up!

All the schools that you listed to make your point about not confusing people have never relocated. They (like us) have changed their names, but (also like us) they are in the same place. Not so with Dallas Baptist. Besides relocating and changing their name, Dallas Baptist has never played football.......Decatur Baptist did. Although they stopped playing in the early 50's. I believe their last head coach was John "Rocky" Ford.

Whoever compiled the "all-time list" should amend it to say "Decatur Baptist". 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2