DRC: Despite bitter ending, UNT made tremendous progress in Littrell's first season

Brett Vito

Nothing Bitter about it to me. Great game wish we had won. What we were down a running back, plus our starting running back had the flu. Played without our starting QB  and missing two top receivers on the team. With what 68 scholarships, the first year into a new system with a new and very young coaching staff, coaching a one win team from 2015. Holy shit I am delighted.

Now I am expecting 7+ wins next year and a bowl win. 

31 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Nothing Bitter about it to me. Great game wish we had won. What we were down a running back, plus our starting running back had the flu. Played without our starting QB  and missing two top receivers on the team. With what 68 scholarships, the first year into a new system with a new and very young coaching staff, coaching a one win team from 2015. Holy shit I am delighted.

Now I am expecting 7+ wins next year and a bowl win. 

yUI3a7RwLhOFy.gif

• Upvote 1

Obviously a great year that few expected, but concerned at losing 5 of 6 down the stretch and the quit in the team at UTEP, when firm bowl bid was on the line. Of course injuries and team violations hurt the team down the stretch, but Littrell and Company has set a high bar after year one.