Last play of OT

GMG24

6 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I was watching Baylor Boise St game and they were showing highlights.  I just saw Tyler Wilson get suplexed mid route....?? 

IMG_0305.MOV

Yes I saw him standing up with his hands in the air after the play. I'd not seen why, but this definitely explains it.

The officials were definitely inconsistent at best yesterday.

• Upvote 4

Wow, missed that in watching the replays at home.  They just grab him at the line of scrimmage, then tackle him ten yards up field!  No flag.  Crazy.

Maybe it makes a difference, maybe not...but, still.  That is one that isn't even borderline, unlike some pass interference calls:  defensive holding, automatic first down.

27 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Wow, missed that in watching the replays at home.  They just grab him at the line of scrimmage, then tackle him ten yards up field!  No flag.  Crazy.

Maybe it makes a difference, maybe not...but, still.  That is one that isn't even borderline, unlike some pass interference calls:  defensive holding, automatic first down.

I felt the same way about the no-call when they were holding Jenkins big time on one of their touchdown runs in the first half.

The shirt grab is nothing compared to the holding that was going on before they came into the top right of your screen.

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2016 at 5:35 AM, MeanGreenDan said:

Yes I saw him standing up with his hands in the air after the play. I'd not seen why, but this definitely explains it.

The officials were definitely inconsistent at best yesterday.

No, there were bad, both ways.  #20 for Army ran around instigating crap all day long and I don't think he ever drew a flag.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 7

46 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

No, they were bad, both ways.  #20 for Army ran around instigating crap all day long and I don't think he ever drew a flag.

My favorite thing he did was get big chested with Jordan Murray I chuckled and told my buddy sitting next to me, may want to keep it moving there short stack. Lol

Also could anyone tell why Morris was so upset with the false start flags on UNT? My guess they were calling snap count on defense or he felt defense caused offense to jump. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

My favorite thing he did was get big chested with Jordan Murray I chuckled and told my buddy sitting next to me, may want to keep it moving there short stack. Lol

Also could anyone tell why Morris was so upset with the false start flags on UNT? My guess they were calling snap count on defense or he felt defense caused offense to jump. 

#20 acted like a turd the entire game. On the false starts, the Army D jumped into the neutral zone instigating our players to move. 

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I felt the same way about the no-call when they were holding Jenkins big time on one of their touchdown runs in the first half.

The shirt grab is nothing compared to the holding that was going on before they came into the top right of your screen.

Yeah, I was going to mention that one too.  He got his jersey pulled twice in succession on that play and no call.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

I was ok with the LOS play that's football, but the end is where I had a problem he's into his route and he gets suplexed. 

23 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Looks like it's on the same side of the field as the missed holding on the last play of the game.  The guy is basically about to rip the jersey off the defender.  The official on that sideline must have slept through the game.

Don't want to make excuses, though.  A missed call here, a missed call there.  It doesn't make a difference if we had played better defense all the way around.  I mean, "stop the run" is normally your first goal on defense...especially against an option team?

Excited about the bowl season, but it was disappointing to see the run defense tank over the last few weeks of the season.  Gotta get more bodies in there to help keep more fresh legs and backs for a 13 game season.  Playing in the trenches is tough duty.  Our guys did a heck of a job most of the year, but wore out at the end...God bless 'em.

9 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I was ok with the LOS play that's football, but the end is where I had a problem he's into his route and he gets suplexed. 

Yes, I understand you can bump within five yards...but, you can't just hold onto a guy 10 yards up field, then tackle him...or, can you?  I haven't read the SEC rulebook.

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

LOL, he sure was. My hole section was yelling at him. Were you wearing a bright Green shirt at the game? I think you sat right above me

No, unfortunately I  wasn't able to get off work enough to make the drive to Dallas for the game.  The date/time prohibited six of from attending that attended the last one.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

No, unfortunately I  wasn't able to get off work enough to make the drive to Dallas for the game.  The date/time prohibited six of from attending that attended the last one.

All good, thought i Might of had the pleasure of meeting another guy from this board. Yeah, #20 was an instigator and a pile jumper

For some reason 2 players are playing the QB here.   I dont know which player is wrong but if you look at FInneys feet both are planted firmly like he has QB responsibility.  If Baulkman goes straight toward the pitch man and kills that option this play wouldnt have been housed on us.

oh crap.JPG

If you count the number of players on or outside the hash for each team its a hat for a hat (5v5) because the QB took 2 defenders that leaves the RB unaccounted for.

Edited by MEANGREENCOACH2

2 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

For some reason 2 players are playing the QB here.   I dont know which player is wrong but if you look at FInneys feet both are planted firmly like he has QB responsibility.  If Baulkman goes straight toward the pitch man and kills that option this play wouldnt have been housed on us.

oh crap.JPG

If you count the number of players on or outside the hash for each team its a hat for a hat (5v5) because the QB took 2 defenders that leaves the RB unaccounted for.

I think what is also missed on this play is that McClain, as well as he played, took a bad angle on this play and just missed a tackle for loss.  I believe Baulkman was playing a hybrid nickel back and his key was the QB, most of the game.

2 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

oh crap.JPG

This is where Buyers' cat-like slow-playing ability and open field tackling would have helped us best.

Rick

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I think what is also missed on this play is that McClain, as well as he played, took a bad angle on this play and just missed a tackle for loss.  I believe Baulkman was playing a hybrid nickel back and his key was the QB, most of the game.

if that is the case who has pitch.. because they out number us.  They have everybody accounted for.

1 minute ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

if that is the case who has pitch.. because they out number us.  They have everybody accounted for.

If you watch a replay, it appears that our safeties had pitchman responsibility if the corner was pulled off the line by the WR.  I think Finney typically had FB responsibility, but on this play realized Bradshaw kept the ball and was free on this play.  Then again, I could be way off.  This is just what I remember.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

If you watch a replay, it appears that our safeties had pitchman responsibility if the corner was pulled off the line by the WR.  I think Finney typically had FB responsibility, but on this play realized Bradshaw kept the ball and was free on this play.  Then again, I could be way off.  This is just what I remember.

Again if that is the case then schematically we were beat from the get go.  That Could explain all the rushing yards we gave up.

If what you said about finney is correct and he is supposed to have dive we are outnumbered.  They have 3 red circled blockers to our 4 blue defenders.  That leaves one defender running free.  Yet they still have the option to pitch the ball.  5v4 in favor of the offense.  Now lets say Finney doesnt have the dive and he plays the QB, then Baulkman kills the Pitch man.  We have it made.  The only problem is the the Black circle will have to beat this block on every play.  

So i am not sure what to think about this...

oh crap2.JPG