Los Angeles Times on the Game

CMJ

http://www.latimes.com/sports/more/la-sp-heart-dallas-bowl-army-20161227-story.html

This was an awesome read. This is the kind of exposure that will attract some attention. The article talks about how this type of quality football is what bowl season is about. I walked away frustrated today, but man that was some fun football. I'll leave you with the closing line: "The bar has been set. The big-time playoffs have something to live up to."

Win or lose this is a proud moment for UNT. I'll take that kind of recognition. The kind for being a gritty team with no quit. Now i'm still reserving judgement on expectation, but this put a smile on my face. Proud as hell, GMG.

Edited by Caw Caw
  • Upvote 5

This was an awesome read. This is the kind of exposure that will attract some attention. The article talks about how this type of quality football is what bowl season is about. I walked away frustrated today, but man that was some fun football. I'll leave you with the closing line: "The bar has been set. The big-time playoffs have something to live up to."

Win or lose this is a proud moment for UNT. I'll take that kind of recognition. The kind for being a gritty team with no quit. Now i'm still reserving judgement on expectation, but this put a smile on my face. Proud as hell, GMG.

• Upvote 2

EXACTLY !

I have two thoughts on this. 

I bumped into a friend at the bank this morning.  I told him what a great time we had at the HoD yesterday.  His response was that there were too many bowl games.  I told him that had there not been a HoD Bowl, I would not have gotten to go to a bowl game.  I was one of those that hoped for a playoff tournament.  But that was before my first New Orleans Bowl.  The bowl season is a reward, a gift, for those fans that live and die with their team throughout the regular season. 

Second, bowls of any stature, are the perfect "going away gift" for many seniors, or other players that will never play a down of football the rest of their lives. 

I say, people that criticize "lower" level bowls are just looking for something to complain about.  I hope North Texas makes a bowl game for the rest of my life and that I'm healthy enough to attend.  As someone said here on GMG, the ugliest girl in the Miss America Pagent is still really good looking. 

Thanks for a great season.  I can't wait for next year.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 4

Just now, greenjoe said:

EXACTLY !

I have two thoughts on this. 

I bumped into a friend at the bank this morning.  I told him what a great time we had at the HoD yesterday.  His response was that there were too many bowl games.  I told him that had there not been a HoD Bowl, I would not have gotten to go to a bowl game.  I was one of those that hoped for a playoff tournament.  But that was before my first New Orleans Bowl.  The bowl season is a reward, a gift, for those fans that live and die with their team throughout the regular season. 

Second, bowls of any stature, are the perfect "going away gift" for many seniors, or other players that will never play a down of football the rest of their lives. 

I say, people that criticize "lower" level bowls are just looking for something to complain about.  I hope North Texas makes a bowl game for the rest of my life and that I'm healthy enough to attend.  As someone said here on GMG, the ugliest girl in the Miss America Pagent is still really good looking. 

Thanks for a great season.  I can't wait for next year.

GO MEAN GREEN

Fewer bowl games would only make them more special for the fans and players.

I'm glad we got in this year, but no losing team should be in a bowl game. 

Even with fewer games UNT can still make it by doing what we all want us to do-win lots of games every year!

9 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Fewer bowl games would only make them more special for the fans and players.

I'm glad we got in this year, but no losing team should be in a bowl game. 

Even with fewer games UNT can still make it by doing what we all want us to do-win lots of games every year!

The B10 has rarely had enough bowl eligible teams to send someone to the HOD Bowl. I think it has been an at-large team more often than an actual B10 team.

Unfortunately, if we're going to cut bowls, it'll likely hurt teams like us more than P5 teams who have more power and sway.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1