Don't be fooled

TheNewEra

43 minutes ago, TheNewEra said:

rick villarreal was at the game, ridiculous, that's why we lost.

Very petty to bring this up.  Glad RV was there and glad he continues to support the program.  Focus your energy on the positive future we have now.

Team has bright future, & looking like a really good chance for another bowl next year. And making a joke about the AD everyone constantly hated in these forums while he destroyed this program isn't a big deal

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Travis Scott said:

Glad he was there to support his former players and coaching staff.  Hell, thanks to him and Coach Mac for helping to get our grades up as a program so we could be at a bowl game with a losing record.  

I totally agree that even with the dumpster fire for the lack of depth on the roster here, Mac and RV are the only reason we are in a bowl game compared to SMU. Thank you to RV and Mac for the grades and one hell of a senior class. I feel really bad for Buyers, Scott, etc for them not being to get the W, but I think these guys are just glad they were able to play 1 more game. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I totally agree that even with the dumpster fire for the lack of depth on the roster here, Mac and RV are the only reason we are in a bowl game compared to SMU. Thank you to RV and Mac for the grades and one hell of a senior class. I feel really bad for Buyers, Scott, etc for them not being to get the W, but I think these guys are just glad they were able to play 1 more game. 

Doesn't APR have to do with transfers, not grades? I think I read that on here on the Ivery thread?

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Each player accounts for a % of the APR. @UNT 90 Grad I believe knows probably the most about APR compared to anyone on the site. 

Being new to seriously following college football I try to learn as much as possible as well as keeping up with the Green. I am totally open to being wrong, but this transfer thing is in my head somehow.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

Being new to seriously following college football I try to learn as much as possible as well as keeping up with the Green. I am totally open to being wrong, but this transfer thing is in my head somehow.

I believe the basic info is each player gets a Point for being academically elig. along with the previous years graduated students with the schools losing points(I believe) for players becoming inelg like Ivery and losing players like Goree.. Don't quote me on that but its something along those lines I believe

3 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

Doesn't APR have to do with transfers, not grades? I think I read that on here on the Ivery thread?

APR has to do with staying eligible and on path to graduation.  Unless something has changed recently, transfers only negatively affect your APR if the student has less than a 2.6 GPA. 

"Q: Why does the APR make a school lose points for a transfer if the student-athlete’s GPA is below a 2.6?

A: Data show that transferring has a negative impact on a student-athlete’s academic success and eventual graduation. But, according to NCAA research, student-athletes who transfer with at least a 2.6 grade-point average have the same likelihood of academic success as a student-athlete who remains at his or her original institution."

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/get-facts-about-transfers

42 minutes ago, wardly said:

I would hope that each of us would make a new year's resolution to quit dumping on R.V. and move on. To continue to bash him comes across as petty and spiteful to some of us.

FWIW, Apogee Stadium happened under RV's watch so just leave it at that. I never thought even that would happen in my lifetime.  Now we just need to put multi-year winning teams & all the fans we saw today at the HOD Bowl into Apogee & then we can start planning what would be a needed expansion. 

There were other good & not so good things that happened during his tenure.  I told him to his face few years ago at a tailgate that based on my almost 5 decades As an alum/fan that he had the toughest AD job at our NCAA level because we alums & fans are just so damn hard to please.  

He was at the game today because he loves North Texas.  Shouldn't we let him do that? We have few former UNT athletic officials or coaches who we ever see or ever show similar feelings & some of you older Nestor's can vouch for that.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2