Don't Be Stupid

emmitt01

3 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

We played over our heads and kept ourselves in a game we were never going to be allowed to win. 

Hell of of a season. 

Well stated.  When you consider the depths at which we had fallen just a year ago, you have to consider this to be one of the best comeback seasons UNT has ever had.

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

And we beat the 2014 game's attendance:

2014- 38,380

2016- 39,117

Super glad for the turnout to exceed my expectations!

I'd still say my spread was about right, but would eyeball the final tally to be 28,000+ green, 11,000+ black and gold. Having a quality opponent matters!

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Could UNT Army next year be Apogees first sell out???? 

Would love to see a sell out, but I don't think we see it next year.

We will see a big showing of Army fans though.  The Army people around us said they drove all the way from Georgia and are planning a trip to Denton next year.  Said they love the Dallas area.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Moobs said:

Would love to see a sell out, but I don't think we see it next year.

We will see a big showing of Army fans though.  The Army people around us said they drove all the way from Georgia and are planning a trip to Denton next year.  Said they love the Dallas area.

Would love to have Army UNT become a regular match up. Great for us because they are on the same level as us, and great for Army because it in a recruiting hot-bed for them.

11 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Great for us because they are on the same level as us, and great for Army because it in a recruiting hot-bed for them.

I believe even athletic recruits still have to go through the regular nomination process by either a Congressman or Senator. I didn't see any accessions to this listed on the West Point website, although I didn't look very hard. I started here and then read some about the admissions process

Still, the number of congressional districts in the DFW area is large anding a lot of positions available. 

8 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I believe even athletic recruits still have to go through the regular nomination process by either a Congressman or Senator. I didn't see any accessions to this listed on the West Point website, although I didn't look very hard. I started here and then read some about the admissions process

Still, the number of congressional districts in the DFW area is large anding a lot of positions available. 

There are nomination sources other than Congress/Senate.  For example, children of people who have served at least X years on active duty can receive a Presidential nomination.  (I'm not sure what X is, but my father's 27 years of service was certainly enough. :-)  ).

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Would love to have Army UNT become a regular match up. Great for us because they are on the same level as us, and great for Army because it in a recruiting hot-bed for them.

Well then I've got great news for you... http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/conf-usa/north-texas-mean-green.php