Just Think

emmitt01

23 minutes ago, LongJim said:

Me either.  And it sucks.

Right there with you.

I have a feeling this AD will do something with the information gained from those that attended as opposed to the previous staff.  Like the direction of our program.  Time to win the recruiting battles between now and Feb.1st.

• Upvote 4

With  NY6 at play now the only way the HOD would be on a non work day (to my understanding) would be a lucky yr it falls on a weekend or bleed over Christmas work day off (like Monday was)...which is a bummer.  But HOD on a workday is still better for us than Boca Raton on a day off.  

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 7

5 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I have always thought NT had excellent bowl game support including the four straight in New Orleans.   The problem is that has never really been translated to Denton.  Which is hard to understand, because getting to and out of Apogee is a lot easier than Fair Park even if it a lot further for some.  

Odd isn't it? Is there more fans and alumni in the "Dallas area" that don't make the trips to Denton? Our crowds at the Cotton Bowl and SMU are always impressive.

• Upvote 2

Wren seems like the type of guy that will investigate the issues preventing some of the alumni from coming to the game and remove some impediments.

I think there are a number of reasons for the lack of support -- alternatives, alumni demographics, distance etc -- but the one that can be controlled is the delivery of a consistent product. I know all the "Let it Fly/Wide Open" slogans are corny but if we can produce a consistent identity it at least helps sell the program a bit outside of "Hey we have a team and Apogee is pretty cool". 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just don't understand the reason these folks won't go to Denton. With traffic and the horrific exits at FP, it is so much better easier to park and get to Apogee. Plus Apogee is a better venue with way better tailgating atmosphere. And it's cheaper. I mean I met a few fans who were there simple because they live in the area and thought it would be fun. It baffles me. To put this in perspective...imagine Army next year.

The 20K UNT fans from HoD, usual 6-7K students and 2-3K Army away fans. That's a sellout. 

I cannot figure out why people won't go to Denton. This bowl was shat on by every publication...so it's not like people were "omg gotta go see this game!"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Army bought 10-12k, which means there were 8-10k minimum less UNT fans in the stadium than in 2013.

Still a great showing.

26 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

What would 39,000 NT fans have done on the Tuesday after Christmas without the HoD Bowl.  And why will so many spend up to $75 for tickets and parking/transportation to go to the Cotton Bowl and yet we're worried about our Apogee ticket prices being too high to attract fans ? 

GO MEAN GREEN

More like 26k UNT fans. Army was WELL represented...

• Upvote 4

On December 27, 2016 at 0:52 PM, emmitt01 said:

If this game was played on New Year's Day again...there would be at least 45,000 here

Just think if these same UNT folks would make it to games at Apogee?   Here's hoping Wren and Company do something with the data collected from those who purchased tickets through the Athletic Dept (so data can be mined), and that we see a bump in season ticket sales and overall attendance next season.  Hopefully, Wren and Company and the UNT Administration has done enough to show some who have walked away and some who have never attended home games to return to the family for next season.  Wren has amazing plans for continued improvements and could use the fans' help in supporting the program in order to show to the "higher ups" at UNT that what he is trying is working. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1