Official 2016 Heart of Dallas Bowl Thread

Harry

28 minutes ago, MeanGreenBuzz said:

Heck of a good turnout for a Tuesday mid-day game on a non-holiday. Very proud of our turnout.

Agreed -- we have a good core group of supporters which is growing.  HOD knows we will turn out for the game.

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

TV announcers are saying we moved defensive ends to linebacker to make our defense bigger.  If true ... why?  Sideline reporter said our defensive coaches were trying to find some answers on the side line but not finding much.  I'd give our defensive coaches a big, fat "F" for the first half.  

Agreed every since that Army game at WP defense has lacked and hasn't been able to make adjustments. GH def excelled with Morris today. 

2 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

Dangit. Penalties like that will kill you.

Penalties killed us a ton this year and cost us multiple games. Great year but very costly still

2 hours ago, Gibbz said:

Wilson is a junior.

We still need a backup to him. Hope Wyche, Nic Smith are next in line

1 hour ago, Monkeypox said:

Penalties Penalties Penalties.

Yes very costly and stupid at times. TT had a costly hold on the last drive and a stupid Personal Foul that JW made up for on that screen TD

38 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Congrats to the Dc for making 1/2 time adjustments. Time for the OC to review our analytics! GMG 

Can't blame GH they moved the ball, yes they had a few 3 and outs but all teams do.. you just can't give up scores nonstop and let them eat 10 minutes of the 4th. 

• Upvote 2

FANTASTIC Game! the team went above and beyond my stupid projection as i thought they were out of it when they went down 24-7 on a 90+ yard Army drive.

My only disappointment in this game was not playing for the win at the end of regulation. I would've liked to have seen us take some shots at the end zone.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, hickoryhouse said:

That was. Hell of a game and our players fought all the way to the end.  Couldn't ask for much more out of them.   Can't wait for next year!

Enjoyed the game and atmosphere - very proud of our team for fighting back every time Army would start to stretch the lead.

I feel we were out-coached on our last offensive series - Army had the perfect defense for all 4 plays.  Hopefully our offensive coaches learned a lot this year.

Definitely better times coming our way.   GMG!

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

My only disappointment in this game was not playing for the win at the end of regulation. I would've liked to have seen us take some shots at the end zone.

Had we not had that false start I'm with you.  That really hurt the momentum and our ability to strike for the win.  With T Moore's solid leg and their offense being the triple option vs our quick strike offense I totally agreed with the choice to go to OT - just felt like we had the ability to score more points.  The second down run play in OT was busted somehow (haven't gone back to watch it) and that really hurt bad.  Felt like we were just scrambling the last two plays. 

• Upvote 1

It should be safe to say, whenever UNT is bowl Eligible HOD will want UNT. 

24 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Had we not had that false start I'm with you.  That really hurt the momentum and our ability to strike for the win.  With T Moore's solid leg and their offense being the triple option vs our quick strike offense I totally agreed with the choice to go to OT - just felt like we had the ability to score more points.  The second down run play in OT was busted somehow (haven't gone back to watch it) and that really hurt bad.  Felt like we were just scrambling the last two plays. 

The false-start and holding on TT really killed us, and forced them to play it safe to force OT. If we wouldn't have had the holding, I'm sure we would have taken a shot for the endzone. Also, JW didn't get much help on that shuffle play on 2nd and 23.. JW was trying to push the pile but no OL came in to give him a jolt. and in OT, the 2nd down run didn't help or did the throw that hit TT in the chest.

• Upvote 3

Today was about as much fun as I can have at a bowl without winning. I'm very proud of our team, and excited about next season, especially "Round 3" with Army.

Coaches will be hitting the road soon. They need to sell recruits on helping us beat Army in "Round 3" next year at Apogee.

• Upvote 4

My sentiments similar to most. Holding this team to 7 in the 2nd half shows the D can make adjustments. I walked away disappointed but not upset. I can't say I was impressed by the OC's play calling especially the 4th quarter. I hope he learns a lot in the off season, bc I felt this year was like his training year.

Also, have to love JWilson. New nickname: "The Vomit Comet!"

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

If I never see another shuttle pass it'll be too soon.  If I never hear the word "analytics" it'll be too soon.  (Those who watched the game on TV will understand that last point)

I pointed that out to my friend in the second quarter, thank God we didnt make it a drinking game, or we would have blacked out by the end of the third quarter. 

I feel like the booth learned that word this week and really wanted to use it as much as possible during the broadcast

• Upvote 1