UNT Christmas gifts

TheFranchise

I've seen this posted in the past and I liked it! Who got cool UNT stuff this year? Pics are certainly welcome and encouraged so that you can show off all your awesome UNT stuff. 

I got a sweet UNT alum coffee mug, which I am quite proud of and will use boldly and often. I also got a really nice dry-fit UNT pullover from my sweet, clean bride. But the coup de grâce are these bad boys in the pic below!! I was then informed by my wife that the new pullover was for wearing tomorrow to the game.

It was pretty cool, she had this ruse going that her family had already planned for us all to be at their place because her grandmother is in town. I was told there would be lots of food, but that they'd have the game on and I could watch it however I see fit. Turns out, they were all in on it and they're watching the kiddos while the wife and I go to the game. YES!!!

Side note -- anyone taking the DART Green rail, which station is closer to the stadium? The Fair Park station or the MLK station?

HODBowlTix.jpg

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, TheFranchise said:

I've seen this posted in the past and I liked it! Who got cool UNT stuff this year? Pics are certainly welcome and encouraged so that you can show off all your awesome UNT stuff. 

I got a sweet UNT alum coffee mug, which I am quite proud of and will use boldly and often. I also got a really nice dry-fit UNT pullover from my sweet, clean bride. But the coup de grâce are these bad boys in the pic below!! I was then informed by my wife that the new pullover was for wearing tomorrow to the game.

It was pretty cool, she had this ruse going that her family had already planned for us all to be at their place because her grandmother is in town. I was told there would be lots of food, but that they'd have the game on and I could watch it however I see fit. Turns out, they were all in on it and they're watching the kiddos while the wife and I go to the game. YES!!!

Side note -- anyone taking the DART Green rail, which station is closer to the stadium? The Fair Park station or the MLK station?

HODBowlTix.jpg

First off, you CLEARLY married above your station...hold on to any woman who has Mean Green holiday surprises.

Second, the Fair Park station is the better option.  That will be one busy train

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Received a tabletop two player video game console with 60 original classic video games (Pacman, Donkey Kong, Frogger, etc.).  Option for coin activation.  Icing on the cake was the North Texas themed top insert (pictured below prior to installing under the glass).

large.IMG_2910.JPG.ccea9784ea9ae47707a7a

You lucky bastard!!!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Received a tabletop two player video game console with 60 original classic video games (Pacman, Donkey Kong, Frogger, etc.).  Option for coin activation.  Icing on the cake was the North Texas themed top insert (pictured below prior to installing under the glass).

large.IMG_2910.JPG.ccea9784ea9ae47707a7a

You win jerk!

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Was that a custom made top, or are they available for purchase?

Available for purchase.   I'm told the seller had a catalog of schools to pick from and North Texas was one of the options.  It also came with a reversible top insert with Pacman on one side and Ms. Pacman on the other. 

Not positive, but this looks to be the same product:  http://arcadeclassics.net/products/cocktail-table-arcade-machine-with-vertical-games-black.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAv4jDBRCC1IvzqqDnkYYBEiQA89utom6wJ4HbPuk0n0C6ZmY-pdLbbXQ7615M_ES6Jm0TZ7AaAtWS8P8HAQ

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1