HOD Tickets Almost Gone?!!!

Side Show Joe

18 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I gravitate more toward the fact that the last time we made it the ticket office asked for multiple allotments and this time we were a few hundred short of selling our original allotment.  i am a tad concerned about the attendance.

Could HOD have changed allotment totals and made it a one time deal as opposed to smaller #s in the past? Or could the Wren have said we want all our tickets up front in one allotment? 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I gravitate more toward the fact that the last time we made it the ticket office asked for multiple allotments and this time we were a few hundred short of selling our original allotment.  i am a tad concerned about the attendance.

its 45/10/45 right now. 45% chance of a poor turnout. 10% chance of an okay turnout. 45% chance of a great turnout. Now after my very complex analysis,  everyone should be able to stop worrying about turnout and just enjoy the festivities and game.

Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 6

18 hours ago, UNT90 said:

It doesn't say that purchasing tickets through the UNT ticket office is a prerequisite on the mean green sports link provided above. 

And maybe I got my tickets from a source not UNT...

No...it says it is free if you buy through the UNT ticket office.  At least that is what the numerous messages I received from Athletics, the Mean Green Club and the Alumni Association indicated.  They also stated that you help UNT by purchasing through the UNT ticket office. Those messages never specified a price if you did not help UNT by purchasing tickets through an outside source.

My opinion is that however one gets a ticket is helping UNT by showing up, but a perk in helping was that the pre-game official tailgate was free.  Now, how they would even try to monitor that is a mystery to me. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDan said:

The fact that there is no secondary market should be seen as a bad sign, not a good one.

In some cases that is true, but in this case I don't think that applies. This is a huge venue, and of the attendees, we don't have a ton of high-rolling fans competing to get the best seats. What really matters before we can get to that point is increased numbers...so if it does turn out that we end up with huge sales of cheap seats, and don't have people scalping the good ones, I'm good with that. Plus, there are a few people like Wardly with good seats who are posting here or giving/selling to friends. If our "secondary market" happens to be keeping things personal and creating more of a sense of community...if that grows, we could eventually have a stronger fan community than many other schools.

6 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

But he's not a first responder and didn't get his ticket from me. 

Per usual I was just on his mind

Lol... Didn't know he was fibbing. I was just trying to refocus everyone back onto the important topic, showing up for the game.

4 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

https://www.ticketcity.com/dallas-tickets/heart-of-dallas-bowl-army-black-knights-vs-north-texas-mean-green-dec-27-2016-1459359.html

No one seems to be counting the fans that the HOD Bowl people (and Emmitt) have worked especially hard in getting 1'st Responders all over the DFW Metroplex involved with this bowl game.  I'm going to guess they all have kids they will bring to this game, too.

? ? ? ? My Question Is........ why do several ticket outlets keep showing only 2 sections ie, 32 and 35 in the lower bowl as the only sections available for the purchase of tickets

If we have good day of game walk up ticket sales we will have a good crowd.   As many of you know anytime North Texas has ever had a great crowd depended on the day of game walk up customers.  We know we are not an "advance purchase" fan base & especially for a 94,000  seat Cotton Bowl stadium.

Just a thought... maybe the HOD only released the general admission tickets to secondary markets. Your link currently indicates there are only 52 seats still available in those 2 general admission sections. Wren twitted that there were fewer then 500 tickets left from the North Texas allotment. The HOD site only shows 7 seats left for purchase on our visitor side, and there may be around 1,000 $50 end zone tickets on Army's home side. To me, that's all good news. I guess we will all know tomorrow at kickoff. Let's stay positive.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

No...it says it is free if you buy through the UNT ticket office.  At least that is what the numerous messages I received from Athletics, the Mean Green Club and the Alumni Association indicated.  They also stated that you help UNT by purchasing through the UNT ticket office. Those messages never specified a price if you did not help UNT by purchasing tickets through an outside source.

My opinion is that however one gets a ticket is helping UNT by showing up, but a perk in helping was that the pre-game official tailgate was free.  Now, how they would even try to monitor that is a mystery to me. 

The only perk getting it through the UNT ticket office is that it helps the athletic dept and it "looks good" but other than that there isn't any benefit to the consumer in any way whatsoever.  So whether you bought your tickets direct from UNT or you got the general admission from the HoD website anybody is welcome to the official UNT tailgate.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1